DM-GreenlandEnhanced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Out of curiousity, I checked out the site for Chris's OpenGLDrv, and on the settings page is this snippet:

...rendering problems with masked textures when the same texture is applied to different polygons that do not have the masked attribute set consistently across all of them. Likely examples of masked texture problems are rendering errors with solid colored boxes around railings and trees that can often times be fixed with the flush command.

(Emphasis mine). Hope this helps.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
About the masked textures: you can have textures which are set as masked, and surfaces which are set as masked. If either is set as masked, you will see a masked texture in the editor (and in-game most of the time).

I think you can only avoid problems if you have both the texture *and* the surface set as masked (which can be easy to forget to do as you're applying masked textures in-editor). One solution - when your map is finished, select all surfaces by texture for the masked textures, then set the masked surface flag.

I hope that makes sense to/helps someone.

TerOmen

Mar 24, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Update: just wanted to let you guys know im still working on the map. Christmas and getting my eclipse ready to be sold has taken time away from the map.

Edit: I got caught up tweaking a lot of things that will make it play better. As an example I optimized the terrain brush in 3dsmax using a t3d to max converter. I did that to make up for making the water translucent. Fps is good on a 1.2ghz p3.

Last edited:

TerOmen

Mar 24, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
The problem is what is glitching is a mesh. So im gonna have to convert them to max, then convert back to ued, then change the surface properties to make it mask correctly and reconvert to a mesh. All this stuff is too much for good old me :D

Edit, it might give me a chance to bake lighting onto the tree texture so it looks more realistic ;)
Thinking about doing the same thing on the furniture meshes I used. I should be able to put the few meshes I used into a single mesh file and upload it with the map to save download time. Then give credit to the authors of the original mesh files that Silver_Ibex posted.

Last edited:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Sorry for the bump.
Does anyone still have a copy of the DeusEx pack "DeusExDecorationsForUnreal.zip" ?

Oh, and for what it's worth (for those still working with UEd2) I build my texture packs in UEd3, so I can sort out the compression more easily. They are compatible.