1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DM-Goatswood discussion

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by Manticore, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

I must admit the first time I played it I wasn't thinking adventure SP (although DM-Urotsukidoji has a lot of small finds in it; the movie projector etc).
    I've been playing a lot of DM lately so when I hit that play button the mindset has been find it and kill it. It took me a little while (and some prompting from a not-so-anonymous prompter) to put it all in perspective....

The full blown adventure version runs pretty well on my rig with no lag. The addition of extra projectors for shadows, as mentioned in the readme, or adding bots would probably jam the engine load severely though.

In the play version the weapons bases look really out of place in the Goatswood environment. That version maybe good for instagib. DM-Blackhhawk was a great map for DM instagib play and is possibly still Angelh@rt's best playing map in that regard.....

This and HMStormwitch are uniquely english, but I suppose I shouldn't forget From Hell either.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  2. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

All is I know is that guy could make just about any kind of level,small,real,sci fi,DM CTF or whatever.

3. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

->->->->->->->->->->->->

Yep, that about covers it. Skills......

4. Esque

Esque New Member

Someone I doubt gameplay was a true consideration. Even in the smaller "playable" version.

Personally I think he shouldn't have bothered with it...the SP version is what this map is about.