DM-Dinashar

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Frieza

Sep 15, 2002
Holland
Visit site
Within a few days I will release my newest DM map on NaliCity and Playground. It's set in a small crypt and has a player load of 2-4.
Enough talking, screens: ;)

Dinashar1.jpg

Dinashar2.jpg

Dinashar3.jpg

Dinashar4.jpg

Dinashar5.jpg

Dinashar6.jpg

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Yeah, I would say the map would benifit from using some different texture colours in some places because it relys almost soley on lighting for colour (for example, just use a darker texture for the trim and already it looks much more interesting)
Just make sure it's not ott 1000 different textures obviously :)

A different, more decayed wall texture for lower areas never did anyone any harm either :)

Frieza

Sep 15, 2002
Holland
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback :)

I'll see what I can do
Release is possibly today (This map has been through beta testing for a while now so I dont think releasing a beta first is necessary)

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Very Codex like, good stuff even if a little heavy on the polys (sub 400). Really a flak ho's wet dream, tight and in-yo-face action. Best suited to some intense 1-on-1. Dissapointed the semi-cicular lift didn't lift jump into the area with the two lamps for a power-up... seeing as the U-damage was way too easy to get and the Invisibilty behind the drop wall tedious. Having a secret door texture meld is old skool in a bad way. The layout is very haphazard, prolly to boost flow, yet some variation on theme to identify the locals was used (lower crypts). Good use of trim and fantastic light sourcing/color. After seeing this example of high poly mapping I would like to revist UT again for the 3rd or is it the 4th time. Well done Frieza :tup:

Frieza

Sep 15, 2002
Holland
Visit site
Thanks for the comments Twrecks. I've missed a rather obvious BSP bug so I'm releasing an updated version today. Maybe I can incoorporate some extra changes based on your comments.

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, i agree with Twrecks, something is making it a bit jerky in some places and it may not be only heavy polys imo...check it out man!

other than that, very nice lighting and a moody & tight map. :cool: