DM-Control Released :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
OKay, i finished, tell me what u think...

control.jpg

DM-Control

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
ok ok ok, settle down :)
I downloaded and played your map... First thing, you item placement is really really bad

rocket launcher, thigh pads, and 4 heal vials all next to eachother... come up

flak cannon, flak ammo, armor, pistol ammo all next to eachohter :(

shock rifle, next to 5 health vials....

Layout: whats up with those 2 empty rooms... maybe you should but some items in there so its worth going into them. layout seems alright, not very big and id say 3 people would be enough. you should maybe put an item on the ground floor in the 2 story room. That way people you could have a better ambush place? Oh yeah, where the pulse gun is, you should make those beams higher... nobody likes getting caught up on low ceilings. Its hard to tell their is a lift there... maybe add a light?

Textures: seem fine, may want to add some more detail in some places. I think the rain is falling a little too fast... slow down the pan speed. The wet texture for the windows in the ceiling isn't big enough, it doesn't cover the 2 outside windows. Lights and flares seem alright.

Lighting: seemed ok, wasn't paying too much attention

Bots: didn't play with them... don't see why they would have any probs

Nice ambient sounds, it really feels like its raining cats and dogs outside.

ALL in all, nice first dm map... keep up the good work.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
argh, i went to playtesting to see what ppl thought about the item placement. I tryed something new, just to see how it worked :/ oh well. I was trying to create more map control, hence the name. thx for the input tho. :)

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
hehe, well, lemme elaborate.
I didn't want to do the DavidM thing and put my vials on ramps, tunnels and whatnot. the idea was to make only 5 certain areas that an opponent would head to after spawning. This way, by listening to the sounds of the pickup u can predict where they'll be. Like I put the vials on two oppposite sides so that if ur on one side u can predict they'll be on the other side with a rocket launcher or shock rifle, that way u can get out the proper weapon to counter it. And the invisiblity is in the water so it slows u down, but it also makes a distinct sound to alert the enemy to your presense. I put lots of thought into it, but it's different and I wasnt' sure if it would work. From what I've played on it so far, it's helped me figure out where the enemy is. It's taste, normally u don't want to put things all in one spot i know, but i thought i'd give this a try.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by faderide
Just played the latest version.
Like the rain. I see you got the thunder fixed too.
Definately enhanced the feel.
Still has the awesome connectivity.
Excellent work. This ones a keeper for my map selection, and I
dont keep many.

*blushes

Thx bud :)