1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 DM-Churn][ - Final version

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by Luv_Studd, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Luv_Studd

Luv_Studd Member

Name: Churn][
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: UT3
    Description: Remake of UT2K4 map DM-UCMP2-Churn. Tight, fast-paced DM action.
    Comments:
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credits: UCMP team for original map & folks listed here for UT3 remake feedback: moonflyer (UCMP team member), J3FFyB, danjw net, Vicious3745, Crayfish, Sebastien-Nova, Sirius, nELsOn and J112.

Also thanks for kind words of support from: vybz, barballs, LordSimeon, Kazimira, SuperApe, [FnG]Bawsy, hal, pine, cooloola & cUnNiNg_StUnTs

Homepage:
    Download: PC: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Churnzip/;12656916;/fileinfo.html

PS3: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Churn+PS3zip/;12666631;/fileinfo.html

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. Sirius

Sirius Meh

WOOT! \o/
    Thank you!

3. J112

J112 Very Superstitious

Great map, thanks for the final!

4. jomi294

jomi294 gg

Great map, looking forward to playing it online.

5. moonflyer

moonflyer New Member

Congrats!

6. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

no plants :(

nah. j/k. plants could easily have made it too cluttered. this way it's nice and clean.
    looks great and gameplay is great as well :)

7. Luv_Studd

Luv_Studd Member

That's funny. I was going to put some in, based on your comments earlier, and at the last minute thought that maybe this time I'd forego the plants for the reasons you mentioned. :) oh well.

8. Luv_Studd

Luv_Studd Member

added a PS3 version to the first post. Thanks to TheDemonSlick for preparing for me. :)

9. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

I miss the round dodgeramps, loved the ones from the 2k4 version... :p
    Great work trying to make some changes instead of releasing a straight port of the original... The sniping place has been a good touch to an otherwise close-combat level... :tup:

10. virgo47

virgo47 Waiting for next UT

I know I'm late. :) I was a BIG Churn lover and seeing these images I simply couldn't find the Churn there. Maybe I wouldn't even after playing it without someone telling me that it is spiritual successor. Perhaps after some time it would get to me. :)

On pictures the map looks big and open... but it's actually cool and dense! I miss Asian theme but you did really good with the given assets. The map is not "the old Churn" but it is hardly possible to recreate that crazy trick jump map from UT2004 (for me it was "the most UT2004-ish map eva!" even if it wasn't the most pro ;-)) but this one is good UT3 map and that's the most important I'd say. :)

It's not what I've expected but it's very good map I feel familiar with - with some changes I've found nice (most pickups are moved, there is no long bridge to sniper, etc.). Thank you for this one. (And I'm gonna to play it again right now. :-))

11. Luv_Studd

Luv_Studd Member

Thanks virgo! appreciate your feedback....hope things are going well for you also! :)

12. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Oh noes, pc dl is teh goen!!! Wanted to give this one a shot.

13. Cr4zyB4st4rd

Cr4zyB4st4rd I make awesome ©

14. Miker

Miker Master Mullet

Great flow, good looks, and somehow I get awesomely smooth FPS. An awesome map!

15. unbecoming

unbecoming The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry

Gonna check it out soon

Maybe the Titan pack will allow me to play this.Screenies look awesome.2k4 Churn was the sh*t all the way around.
    Very nice work as usual.

16. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  17. WedgeBob

WedgeBob XSI Mod Tool User

Heh...would've chosen MediaFire to host UT3 maps myself over FileFront. I only use FF for doing Beta maps, for final, polished maps, MediaFire's very consistent with keeping your files intact for a heck of a lot longer.