1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2kX DM-Atowee

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by nELsOn, Aug 24, 2013.

1. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

Behold, DM-Atowee, my very latest release for UT2004.

This version includes a bunch of changes I've made after getting some feedback on the beta. It's supposed to be the final version since I couldn't find anything game breaking in this version.

Here are some screenshots for you to check out:
    [SCREENSHOT]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6154023/Maps/Atowee/Shot00007.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6154023/Maps/Atowee/Shot00009.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6154023/Maps/Atowee/Shot00010.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

I would like to thank some people for beta feedback:
    Luv_Studd
    evilmrfrank
    xMurphyx
    DarkSonny
    Wormbo
    Pandemonium
    Jefe

And here's the Download link!

I hope you enjoy the level and please do let me know what you think of it! :)

2. rdy2bz

rdy2bz New Member

There is a blocking volume exactly where the flak shell explodes:
    [​IMG]

Apart from that: I like your map.

3. nELsOn

Cheers for catching that!
    It was a ProcMesh collision. I re-uploaded the fixed map :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  4. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Oops, didn't get a chance to review this yet before the final. Damn you WOTs!;)

EDIT: I'll try to get to this one soon.:)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  5. DarkSonny

DarkSonny Beware!

Another sexy map to add to my collection project hahaha thanks Nelson!

6. nELsOn

Just as an update:

Some guys on the Epic forums have pointed out some more or less cosmetic issues so I'm probably going to release a "_v2" later this week. Or I'll overwrite the current download with the new file.

Thanks for the nice words and feedback so far guys! :)

7. stevelois

stevelois Member

I wanted to say that it look fantastic !

Don't have much time to play these days but I wanted to stop by & express my thoughts :)

8. nELsOn

I've just uploaded the new version of the level in which I fixed a couple of things. The download in the original post now links to the new version.
    For the additional feedback that resulted in these fixes I would like to thank

papasfritas
    meowcat
    Party Boy

There is now a proper bottom to the island, most textures are using compression now and the plants are moving in the "wind".

DOWNLOAD THE MAP!

9. stfx

stfx New Member

This is an awesome map, having both nice gameplay and really cool visuals. Do you have any other UT2k4 maps? I didn't find any on your blog. Btw are you gonna upload it to mapraider? I kinda miss it there and it would also make it easy to see which other maps you made. Thanks for this lovely map =]

10. stevelois

stevelois Member

Awesome level as always :D

I love it, visuals, sounds, architecture, texturing, name it ! I have no idea how you can add such a rich & vibrant surrounding outside the play area but anyway, this is a must map :)

THX a lot for the map & for making my collection grown even in 2013 !

This is a great Christmas gift hihi :)

11. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

great newer map!

This one has great visuals and gameplay and it was a pleasure to play as my last map of the night. Of course, I could see the visuals and gameplay from the screenshots, so this was no surprise. I did like the palm trees, surrounding scene, textures/meshes, buildings, base of buildings, moving vegetation, trim, lanterns, stone paths, torches, flowers, exhaust ports, banners and spider webs. The gameplay saw this map having great flow, connectivity, z-axis and layout. The bots were decent and put up a good fight. I do beg to differ on the lightning gun location though, it is fine where it is. Sniper rifles (and lightning guns) should almost always be up high for sniping just like in the original UT. The advantage is soon fleeting when a pair or three players decide to go up and get the sniper or he runs out of ammo quickly. Of course, I like the flak cannon location as well, but I didn’t find it until near the end of the match.