1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DM- and Dm-

Discussion in 'BDB' started by plugwash, Jan 22, 2004.

1. plugwash

plugwash New Member

mapvote will always load a deathmatch map as DM- even when it's real name is Dm-

UT itself has no trouble with this as it does stuff case insensitively (even on normally case sensitive operating systems)

however many ut servers redirect to http servers which are case sensitive

the result is the map loads on the server fine but clients are unable to download the map from the redirect server

2. BDB

BDB New Member

Sounds like the problem is on the web server. Is there anyway to change the
    the case sensitivity in the web server ? or just rename the uz file to all DM-.

3. plugwash

plugwash New Member

sure both of the things you suggest are possible work arounds

that doesn't change the fact that mapvote is mangleing the case of the filenames

i would guess it has seomthing to do with the prefix replacement code you have to allow dm tdm and lms to be in the same list

4. BDB

BDB New Member

Well, I wouldnt say that MapVote is mangling it. I would say that the map author
    mangled the standard prefix in the maps file name.
    Yes, you're probably correct. The prefix swapping is probably the reason.
    But, I do not view this as a bug though. I've always hated case sensitivity on web server. It just causes problems.
    Sorry to disagree.