UT3 DM-Acquisition [Beta]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Name: DM-Acquisition
Version: Beta
Compatibility: UT3 v1.2

Description: This is the beta version of DM-Acquisition, test the crap out of it. :p

Comments: There are a few (lack of) collision issues, but nothing that will harm gameplay at the moment. If anyone can find any real problems with collision, sticky areas, whatever, let me know. There are no sounds in the map, will get to that next. Bots still don't use the lifts correctly, I totally overlooked that, but otherwise they should be fine. Menu integration will obviously come later when its final. Any feedback welcome as usual, thanks. :)

Screenshots:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/acshot1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/acshot2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/acshot3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Credits: Everyone at BuF, everyone at Epic's forums, everyone at Unrealnorth and anyone else who gave feedback on the alpha versions. Everyone at #UnrealEd on Quakenet for... stuff...

Homepage: www.slainchild.com

Download from Filefront: DM-Acquisition_beta.zip (33.89mb)

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Amazing stuff Slainchild. Simplistic, yet advanced but not visually overbearing on the eyes. Damn you just put everyone to shame.

Couldn't have wanted anything less.

Last edited:

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
Seems like bots tends to stop in some places after respawning. Happened to me 3 times in the last match i've played.

They're not stuck on some geometry, they simply stand still looking at some place until i find them. Dunno if it's me but it seems like the vest area is more affected by this bug than other places of the maps (but they sometimes stops in other places too), i've seen them standing near the vest looking towards the belt room at least five times now.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Just awesome! :tup:
Maybe it's me that I suck, but I am having trouble when I try to liftjump from the Stinger lift to the vent, you might want to speed the lift up a little bit... Other than that I didn't notice anything during the quick game I played. It runs very smooth in my crap machine, which is very appreciated... gj! :)

vybz

Apr 2, 2008
Just awesome! :tup:
Maybe it's me that I suck, but I am having trouble when I try to liftjump from the Stinger lift to the vent, you might want to speed the lift up a little bit... Other than that I didn't notice anything during the quick game I played. It runs very smooth in my crap machine, which is very appreciated... gj! :)

No it's not you I think you have to wall dodge after the lift jump.

Great map Slain child really enjoy this map. Erm some blocking probabloy go behind the belt area and some other placves that wern't really major but I'll upload screenshots later. I'm too lazeh!

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
I really like the map, vertical a lot on many places, very tight, some tricky routes, good placement. Bots really like to stop on some places - I originally thought they are not pathed completely and just go from pickup to pickup or after me after spotted. Going from vest to the left they like to wait under the ramp but too close to it and so they fire into the wall when they see me. Maybe not pathing issue but AI one. ;-) I might add some detail notes after more playing.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Man this map is sooo good, I thought it was missing a bio ammo pickup but I found a second one hidden around the corner from the bio. The area between the bio/vest and the shield seems to play much better now, dunno if thats just me but the bots do get alittle stuck near that ramp. Other then that I havent noticed anything that could use some attention :cool:

Keep up the good work slain this was well worth the wait :) ;)

Grogan

I've been waiting for something to happen with this map. I enjoyed the alpha and I kept it and played it once in a while. Now that this is better decorated and stuff, it's awesome. I love the view from the windows too.

I first tried it normally and had a good splatterfest with the fak cannon, but then I switched to instagib with 9 bots on Experienced (which is what I mostly play). It was marvelous carnage.

Great map.