UT3 DM-A Small Conflict

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
UPDATE: Final release is here!
This is a small map designed for 2-4 players, using ASC meshes and materials. It's set in an underground tomb/catacomb. Credits go to Epic for making the game and the excellent editor and to the people who've provided feedback for the map, especially T2A.

Any comments or criticisms are appreciated.

EDIT: Filefront deleted my file, so no download until I get to the computer that has my copy of it :(

PICS:
Center Room
[screenshot]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3048/centerroomoc1.jpg[/screenshot]

Rocket/Sniper Room(s)
[screenshot]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6074/rocketsniperroomqt9.jpg[/screenshot]

Flak/Stinger Room
[screenshot]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2064/flakstingerroomxz6.jpg[/screenshot]
-------------------------
Beta 2 info:

Newly Added:More detail. Better lighting. Ambient sounds (and music!). Although I didn't get any feedback from Beta 1, I'm just assuming it looked bad enough so that no one would download it. Hopefully this looks slightly better.

Known Issues:Meh, the map isn't great in looks, but it's not the worst thing evar.
Beta 1 info:

Newly Added: Scrapped previous decoration and lighting and built it over from scratch.

Known Problems That May or May Not Be Fixed: Lighting sux, decoration sux, no zounds.

Alpha 2 info:
Newly Added: Changed layout, more lighting and decoration.

Still Do To: More lighting and decoration :hmm: , the lighting as it is right now is sort of bland, so that's probably going to change. And still need to add zounds and zoptimization.

Alpha 1 info:

This is a small death match map that uses ASC materials & meshes. I'm calling this an alpha because, despite it being a fully playable to my knowledge, the texturing, lighting, optimization, and sound is far from done. The sniper ledge & stairs and the stinger hall are especially so. This release is more about gameplay than anything, although I'll take suggestions and/or ideas about what might look good where.

Last edited:

Sir_Squiggles

Knight of the Wound Table.
Jan 20, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Aww, I was getting ready to name this section of the forums Squiggleland. And I would be King_Squiggles instead of just a knight. Map looks cool though, I'll try it out and get back to you soonish.

And...Yay! VGCats. But I can't tell, What is happening to Leo? It looks messy.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
FWIW, alpha means "definitely not done" while beta is supposed to mean "nearly complete and only a few nagging things to fix."

In the context of level design, alpha usually means the layout and item placement is mostly complete but nothing much has been done beyond that. Beta maps should have almost all the visuals complete and be near release save for a few miscellaneous bugs and fixes. Lots of people call their maps beta when they're actually alpha. :)

As for the map, it reminds me of those mazes they put rats in to see if they can get to the end. It's very flat except for a few second-level ledges that seem more like they were added as a second thought. Item placement makes sense but the layout not so much. :p

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Cheese!

Thanks for the comments, I'll see what I can do about adding a little more Z spice. As far as rat mazes go...I wish I knew what that meant :/, but if that's commenting on the corridors, well, I'm going to make things a little more roomy to help with Mr. Z.

Also geometry mode makes my head spin :(

EDIT: Geometry mode makes my head spin less now.

The side "tunnels" are being dug out and slightly adjusted. Hopefully this will decrease rat-iness.

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Still lots of work to do....

The Alpha 2 release is up!

The map is a little more open and has a slight bit more vertical play. There is still only two levels but I'm afraid the map will have to suffer with that. The layout is more or less done unless there are any serious criticisms. The decoration and lighting needs major work, because I think the meshes look like they were jammed in there and don't belong in the map while the lighting is rather monotonous. But hey, it looks better than it did before :D

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
The ones atop the wall near the stinger and flak? If that's what you mean, I kinda agree.
EDIT: The dozen statues crammed ontop of the wall have been removed and the wall is now bevelled. It looks a little better IMO.

Alpha 3 (maybe beta 1) is coming eventually, just need to figure out how to get things to look pretty enough.

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
BUMP

Finally have the Beta version up. The map is pretty much in its final form, although some minor detailing will probably be added before the final.

And yes, I know how bad it is (at least visual/sound wise).