Dm-2019

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by [L]-KhaliL-45c
I recognize that Coke sign...Blade Runner?

Anywho, I'm already liking the Deus-Ex/Blader Runner look to it.

I have been wrong before (twice in my life now;) but...

I believe that's exactly what he is shooting for... not just a "blade Runner look".

And he's doing a damn good job too!

You know... I could see a whole entire mod based off that movie. I would both play it, and map for it, in a heartbeat.

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
A mod would be killed a birth I think. The restrictions on this one are as heavy as they get. Infact I can hear them at the door now........Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Razorflower

It hurts.
Oct 6, 2000
I myself....

.... have been working on a BladeRunner map, for which I subscribed to e-zines, messageboards, mailing lists and a newsgroup. Legally, there were no restrictions to "mod'ing" BladeRunner, after the rights to the movie and it's likenesses passed from the studios on to a number of private entities, several of whom I've spoken to.
I was assured by one that as long as no profit was to be made from an endeavour involving trademarked characters, entities and their resemblances, and mention of the ownership of the aforementioned trademarks was made in any included documentation, there would not be an issue.

However, I'm still looking into this. I've yet to hear back from the most important partner. The trick is the commercial release of the BladeRunner DVD by Warner and the projects currently under development by Westwood Studios and individuals such as Scott Free and Charles de Lauzirika of Scott Free Productions. These new BR projects and a reviving interest and growing cult following may mean that legal issues once minor, might become significant. Who knows. More on that to come.

Map looks great John, as always. Never did hear back from you bud.

Razorflower

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
Maybe we could do it as a set of maps, I've kind of run out of steam anyway, just doing the streets. Maybe if Spooge and Razor flower or anyone else were interested in doing the interiors as seperate maps. I could put URL's at the entrances to say the police station the Bradbury Taffy Lewis's bar and the Yukon. I kind of fancy doing Deckards apartment myself, but thats just a dream at the moment. All those locations wouldn't fit well into one map anyway. And I think the way I'm going I might just hit a wall and stop soon anyway. Well just an Idea.

KhaliL-45c

Mar 16, 2001
Jersey City
Visit site
I could put URL's at the entrances

I *REALLY* really wish more maps took advantage of this. When I read a preview of Unreal back in *cough* 1995, I spent many hours daydreaming about the possibilites of battles being held across multiple servers hosting multiple map segments that add up to one battlefield.

Fastforward to 6 years: I spend many hours daydreaming about the possibilites of battles being held across multiple servers hosting multiple map segments that add up to one battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.