DM-1-0n-1-Metalic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
This will be my second published map for UT99, its a small DM-1-on-1 map set in a water pumping facility. It is nearly finished but I still need to add weapons and pathnodes, + spruce the map up with some more architecture to make it look more atractive! Anyone got any ideas or tips on doings this?
:)

Edit sorry if the pics are a bit small. :eek:

Attachments

• Shot000m1.jpg
    Shot000m1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Shot000m2.jpg
    Shot000m2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Shot000m3.jpg
    Shot000m3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Shot000m4.jpg
    Shot000m4.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Uncle_Bob

Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Here is another screenshot I forgot to upload plus a much clearer version of another one. :)

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Shot0001.bmp
    197.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... man, you weren't kidding about the picture size. Anywho, i like simplicity on a map too (not always cramped with detail and all), but your map will be needing the usual stuff. Break some walls, they are too straight and barren. On other style of maps, that would be ok, but you seem to have gone with the (blah) tech theme (Richrig?).

Structure seems ok.
:tup:

Uncle_Bob

Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Yes I have gone with richrig mainly but I have also used bits from UT tech1 and SG Tech1. Richrig seemed like a good place to start. Iam using a limited 'palette' of textures (have I just coined a new phrase?!) to keep the whole map consistant in looks. I definately need to break some of the walls up, I was thinking of putting in lots more pipes and some deco. I will also be adding more coloured lights a sit sort of looks a bit dull. I mainly made this map to experiment with architecture, z ,y axis fighting, making a flowing DM map and a few other techniques like triming. When I have done some more to the map Ill upload more pics.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
:tup:

... may main problem are general layout and ceilings. Keep fresh on those too!...

Uncle_Bob

Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Here are some bigger pics! They show some of the lighting I have done plus a new room (its the one with the fan -which I am quite proud of :lol:, well the fan anyway). I have not done anything more in the way of architecture so some of the rooms still look quite bare. Oh and has any one got any tips on how I can make some boring corridors look interesting!

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Shot0001.jpg
    Shot0001.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Shot0002.jpg
    Shot0002.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Shot0003.jpg
    Shot0003.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Shot0004.jpg
    Shot0004.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 23

Uncle_Bob

Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Ok and before I forget there is a very nasty HOM/BSP error thingy which engulphs the screen. Its in the first room pictured above. Any ideas on how to get rid of it and what might be causing it?

Edit: Beta should be here soon all going plan and if I get rid of the HOM... :eek:

Last edited:
using semisolid brushes will help you fix the bsp holes unless that brush is a subtracting one, adding a sky box and making the windows tranparent gives it a better look and needs more light sources like lamps the rest is ok, if u need help with ideas for the hallways u could search pictures in google, here's what i found i know is from a gallery but it gives u ideas.

http://www.schultzcenter.org/Images/facility/Gallery and Main Hall.jpg

Uncle_Bob

Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Anyone any tips on making low poly architecture like suggestions for what I could do? Is there any way of checking how many polys youre map has. It isn't for this map but for a map for a mapping contest where the map has to be 400 polys or below. Thanks :D :) ;) :lol: