1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Distributing a runtime project?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GMcD, Mar 27, 2008.

1. GMcD

GMcD New Member

I have developed a Runtime project during the course of my studies. It is an Interactive Documentary about an old computer CSIRAC. It is not a game and was developed for educational purposes.

I have managed to package the project into an installer. You can install Runtime, and all the content packages automatically.

Now that I have completed the project can I place this single file on the web for online distribution? There would be no fee, it is a non-commercial product.

Can I upload it onto a mirror site for distribution?

Or do I need to need to upload the content package files separately, link to where the user can download the engine, and instruct them on how to install everything?

Thanks

2. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

afaik you can post the full package minus the source code, you might actually want to email Epic and find out though.

3. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

And do it fast so I can check it out ! .....please...

4. GMcD

GMcD New Member

site address

Oh Yeah,

I've got a site set up for it,

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~csirac

There's a trailer and stuff, but i don't have space to host the app yet. Once it's live you should be able to get it here.

5. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

I gotta say it looks neat. well scripted as well. I liked the layout design and how it was presented. Very nice work on the trailer. I kinda was reminded of a Noir B/W tron theme there for a sec as well. :eek:

6. Erebus

Erebus NULL