Dispatchers not Working

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Since I've been working on SP lately, the use of triggers was essential being that I make different events on almost every portion the map. To create a really nice event though I had to use a dispatcher. I set it's tag name to the event name of the trigger and did everything I know but the dispatcher doesn't seem to function.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or find an alternate way without wasting too much time?

Yes, it's active...

[EDIT]
Hmmm... the problem seems to have strangely healed itself... I'm curious that those Dispatchers weren't working the last time I tried...

[EDIT]
Now there's another problem... how do I turn on the fogs inside the game in Direct3D mode?

Last edited:

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Dispatchers were broken in 2k4, as was lightmapping vertex mapped meshes (bastards!).
Best thing you could do is script your own dispatchers or look for a suitable replacement used in Assault or Onslaught. I'm a little under the weather ATM or my grey cells would be of better service.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
GTD-Carthage said:
Yes, it's active...
[EDIT]
Now there's another problem... how do I turn on the fogs inside the game in Direct3D mode?

If your reffering to ut99, then go in the editor. GO to the "view" menu and select the "advanced Options" thing. A window appears in UEd's propertieswindowstyle. Then go to renderers and then to direct3d, search for the things called usevertexfog and usevolumetriclighting and set these to true.

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
Err, me to. With standart UT ettings and all, fog won't show up with d3d. It does show up in software, so doing what I said before will make the fog appear like it does in software, just not as pretty imo.

If you mean triggering the fog to appear then just fiddle with a triggered light.

Now, there seems to be a new problem... since I'm making SP right now, I edit some specifications of the weapons I place like setting a reload count for the Unreal 1 Rifle. How come all the weapons I edit come up with their default properties inside the game instead of the properties I specified?

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
Yup, all that stuff is hardcoded in the engine. You'd have to buy the c++ source code. And it's price.

You'd have to make a new bunch of weapons.Even though you could use the old ones, but still you'd be making "new weapons" with old stuff.

Didn't oldscool (the UT>SP) mod) do that, cuz when I open the mod in Ued I see all the U1 weapons with a OL_ in front of it and the UnrealI weapons in the other list.

This other Unreal-based game called Rune... well, I succesfully edited the weapons I placed there without having to re-script them. I made a one-slash one-kill dagger there by altering the damage's value. I did no coding... and especially I don't know how to code either. Coding is hell... judging from what I saw from this program called "Dark Basic" from a friend of mine.

Snoitpo

Dec 2, 2004
once you know the code, its not hard to put your ideas into a useable thing

i have problems because I cant get ut to acctualy include the code into the game (compile)

i never had a problem with that in graal but thats beucase you had to script each and every NPC (equivalent to an actor from unreal) from scratch, or copy and paste

people had to make entire server systems from variable (could be changed even when everyone was playing, when ever the admins felt like it) codes

servers were made of not one but networks of levels connected side by side
L1 | L2 | L3
L4 | L5 | L6

L7 | L8 | L9

Last edited:

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
I just learned somethin, When "final" is added to the code it becomes unchangeable, maybe somethin like that was what make things not changeable in the properties too.

And maybe the damage is changable in the properties, but a lot of other valuables or not, like the pick-up messsage.

And another game based on the UT_engine doesn't mean it's coded the same. Coding a weapon possibly may have a 1000 ways to do it.

Snoitpo

Dec 2, 2004
oh no, graal is nothing at all like UT, not even the same programing language

both based off java script but very differnet

the part about final might have something to do with my problem

If anyone's familiar with this Monster Hunt map called MH-ShootingGuys (the map with the weird music) has weapons with different names, properties and values. When I downloaded the map, it came with no system file and still worked. What did the author of that map do then?

Especially that the author even renamed the Keg 'o' Health into Super Boom Boom Juice Extract and also made a new pick-up message.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Some maps have the scripted actors as part of the MyLevel file which gets compressed with the map. Mostly done for textures, but I've done it for special triggers that would otherwise require someone to man handle a *.u file into the sytem dir.
Simple to do, make your MyRifle actor and save it to the MyLevel package, Save your map and there you go.

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
Yup, that's it and it requires almost no space at all I think, cuz all the things like the model and sounds are still use from the old one with that nice OOP system UT uses.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
All you got to do
is copy the weapon code
add a new class name under weapon sniper222 or somthing
the in the command bar down below
type
editactor class=sniper222
then it will show you a bunch of stuff to mess with,but the one youl see "none"
those are the default settings,

but if you make a new class UNDER "sniperifle",then it will have all the same things as a sniper will,but you can still change the default settings,
if you make a new class UNDER "weapon" then youl have to set all the projectiles and other things.
plus I might be wrong for the syntax,but go search for the commands,it's actualy pretty easy,in ut2004 they don't even let you set respawn time,it sucks,or collision radius,you HAVE to go through all that crap ,alot of dickin around compared to UT.

and basicaly the worst thing you could do is edit a stock class name allways add a "new" one and you don't need to make a .U file as long as you place it in the map and built it and save.and that new class will only be in that map,.

Last edited: