Disappearing polygons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
I have a little problem. whenever I import a mesh into the animations tab of unrealed and when its ingame the farther back I pull away the more polygons that disappear. What might be causing this?

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
It's tkaing me 5 minuets of writing this snce that avater is forcing me to stare at the cieling, but...

Quesiton 1: Are all normals facing the correct direction?

2: What about smoothing? I think I saw something like that once on a model I imported because I hadn't creatied smoothing groups for it and it was all still a bunch of obvious tris.

If neither of those things helps, click on the mesh extension to the right in the animation browser, there should be a level of detail option there. Change the LOD to a lower number and the mesh should stay more "full" the further away you are, though that'll obviously decrease perforamnce a tad if it's too complex.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
Ok thanks for the advice, and is my avatar really that annoying? Because it seems to annoy quite a few people. I thought it was pretty funny and so did a couple other people but if it that annoying for that many people I would be happy to change it.

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
cole_bie said:
Ok thanks for the advice, and is my avatar really that annoying? Because it seems to annoy quite a few people. I thought it was pretty funny and so did a couple other people but if it that annoying for that many people I would be happy to change it.
its funny, but disturbing... poor mario :p

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
It's not annoying or anything like that...

...it just utterly, totally decimates, destroys and decapitates every early childhood memory I ever held dear.

I had a very sheltered childhood. :D