1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Disabling the GameVoteTime= option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -=pug=-, Nov 29, 2005.

1. -=pug=-

-=pug=- New Member

Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to either disable the GameVoteTime option, or to set it to a value that makes it infinite?

The problem is we have an assault trials server, and for these maps there's no point in having a voting timelimit as people can play the one map for hours before they reach the end, and then if everyone gets stuck at a certain point and wants to change map they can't and have to come on irc looking for an admin to force a change for them.

I've tried setting the Vote Time to 0, -1, -2, and as large a number as I can, but the highest it can go is 99 minutes, and the low and negative numbers only disable the option to vote entirely.

We also have other Assault gametypes on the same server with different settings so we need ut2vote so the different assault games can coexist on the same server, and if we could get this one problem sorted our lives would be easier, and I'd be very very grateful :)

2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

The GameVoteTime is only set to a 99 maximum in the actual Admin Menu which was a mistake on our behalf and will be corrected in the next version.
    If you need to increase this just adjust it in the INI file GameVoteTime=999.
    Only problem is the very instant you call up the Admin Menu again it will set itself back to 99 so you will have to avoid this menu.
    What you can try from ingame is log on as Advanced Server Admin then in the console:
    Set UT2Vote51.UT2VoteVoting GameVoteTime 999
    Whether that will be accepted you will have to test :)

Regarding the multi games on one server, here you have 2 choices:
    1. Switch to UT2VoteMulti
    ucc server mapname?Game=Whatever.Whatever?Mutator=UT2Vote51.UT2VoteMulti
    In each case the configurations normally found in the UT2Vote51.ini file will now be found in each games UT2004.ini file.
    OR
    2. Create several identical System folders just using different names (System1 - System2 etc) with each game folder having a different port number.
    You can now use the normal UT2Vote51 for each folder.
    All you need to do is change the path in each ones UT2004.ini file:

[Core.System]
    Paths=../System1/*.u

Doing it this way you can have several Maps folders also and have dedicated maps for each game.

3. -=pug=-

-=pug=- New Member

Thanks very much ProAsm, that's just what I needed :)

I've set it to 999 via the ini file, but I won't be able to test the console command until early next week. I'll post here with the results when I do get around to it.