1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DirectX Flaw Leaves Windows Vulnerable

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DiZASTiX, Jul 24, 2003.

1. DiZASTiX

DiZASTiX Teh Blob Master

"Just when you thought it was safe to start buying music from BuyMusic, another another Windows security flaw is found, in DirectX this time, that basically affects every possible windows configuration that is still supported. I wonder, will they indemnify me for this?"

http://www.msnbc.com/news/943355.asp

Im sorry, but I must...

:rolleyes:

2. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

Wait, aren't these the same guys that refused to acknowledge the various XBox exploits even when that one hacker group released their proof-of-concept on how to install Linux on the box without even opening the machine? Yeah, real up-front.

Oh, by the way, you can apply a patch from Microsoft's website, if you agree to the EULA stating that Microsoft can do whatever they want to any electronic device in your home and that you henceforth forfeit your soul to Satan.

:edit: P.S. We'd better close the BuF Music Studio before someone tells us about their hot new thrash punk metal raggae rap song and links a MIDI that causes Skynet to take over all our boxes. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2003
  3. DiZASTiX

DiZASTiX Teh Blob Master

So you mean they can take control of my microwave...NOOOO!

(\/\/0RF: BTW, the picture in your av and the quote in your sig, do you have that video on your computer? Ive been looking for it everywhere!!!)

4. Dark[NSF]

Dark[NSF] Northwest Secessionalist Forces

your seriously joking about the microwave right?

*runs to kitchen to unplug microwave*

5. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

haha, all that affected software and I have DX 8.1 for Windopws 2000. Which isn't on the list. ahahahahaha. :D

6. Waffnuffly

Waffnuffly >:E

8.0 on 98SE... I'm uncrackable, yet again :D

7. W0RF

I have absolutely no idea where it can be found. I certainly didn't get it off Kazaa, and I'm sure no P2P programs carry it. ;)

8. DiZASTiX

DiZASTiX Teh Blob Master

Oh, its ok, it just mysteriously appeared in "My Shared Folder" :D

9. W0RF

Must be a Windows bug ;)