DirectX 9.0c Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Microsoft has released DirectX 9.0c for all post-1998 Windows Operating Systems. The new version of DirectX can be found over here and includes, amongst other things, support for Pixel Shader 3.0.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
I think I'll wait for everyone else to see what games it breaks before I touch it with a bargepole :)

ubersoldier87

Hail to the Chief
Jun 3, 2004
Why hasn't it given me an automatic directory? I have no idea where to extract this thing...

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Rooster said:
Uhh, that's the developer 9.0c... not the end-user
No, it's the runtime version - just not the net installer. The SDK would be several hundred megabytes.

If you want a net installer, it looks like you'll have to wait a bit.

ubersoldier87 said:
Why hasn't it given me an automatic directory? I have no idea where to extract this thing...
Just extract it to a temporary folder and run dxsetup.exe.

Slyrr77

Apr 25, 2004
Has anyone noted any problems before I install it? Who knows what this thing is capable of.....?

Slyrr

sweeny

stick that in you phife and smoke it!!!
Nov 29, 2002
Leeds, UK
Visit site
KDR_11k said:
Don't install it unless you have a good reason to (software that requires it or issues with the current version), MS is famous for their patches that break more than they fix.

yea look at windows, i dont ever recall getting a blue screen of death in windows 3.0. then once it nackers up they will ask for payment to download a fix for the problem

[Bean]

Jan 21, 2002
Is safe to d/l. Been running it for a number of hours with no problem.

This is the redist, which is what game companies put on their disks of their games so no net install needs to go on and so they have a mulit-lingual version ready.

afaik, 9.0c gives support for Shader Model 3, which is now being pimped by Crytek w/ Far Cry on the 6800s (supported with the pulled patch 1.2).

Google SM3 if you want more details.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
it fixed stuttering on my Radeon 9800Pro so of course I'm going to keep it installed.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
"Uhh, that's the developer 9.0c... not the end-user"

I also don't see it on their DirectX web site page or DX download page. I probably won't even think about trying until it is at least there (I also have an ATI 9800Pro card). And even then, UT2004 works fine for me right now so............. ;)