Different teams have differently modeled gear...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
GEAR IS MODELED DIFFERENTLY BASED ON THE TEAM ONE IS ON

My fingers are tightly crossed that the next incarnation of INF comes with teams who are not only wearing different camos, but also are wearing clothing and gear that is MODELED differently from one another.

This would go a LONG way to creating a deeper sense of immersion.

Teams would automatically spawn wearing the differentiated gear, much as they automatically spawn wearing different camos in v. 2.9.

So, loadouts would behave the same, but the player's avatar would be wearing differently styled clothing: the crew pants might have differently shaped pockets, the boonie hat might not be as broad for example, holsters would be cut and perhaps positioned differently, and the backpacks could look significantly different from one another, etc., etc. All of these changes that I'm suggesting here are purely cosmetic. One uniform wouldn't weigh more than another, for example.

Variety is the spice of life!

Last edited:

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Perhaps one team could have Western oriented camouflage and load-bearing gear and the other team has former Eastern Bloc style equipment. Of course, it depends on what the Inf team's plans are for teams in the new version.

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
I'm not suggesting here that players get to CHOOSE the "styling" of their pants, backpacks, etc., but rather that when a player spawns on a certain TEAM they're AUTOMATICALLY assigned to a team that wears clothing that is modeled differently from the gear that the other team is wearing.

In other words, Team 1 would be wearing gear that is modeled to look (for lack of a better term) "Western," while the members of Team 2 would spawn wearing gear that's modeled to look "Eastern."

The modeling done for each of these teams is INDEPENDENT of the camo that's applied to the models' mesh. This way, the server admin. would still have control over the camos selected for the match.

Not only would these teams' independently modeled gear add to the believability and sense of immersion while playing the game, I'm also highly confident that it would GREATLY reduce the number of team kills that take place, and again for BELIEVABLE reasons.

And that's ALWAYS a good thing.