Did You Know About the Updates Available for Unreal, Napali and UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
I wasn't aware, until recently, of the latest updates available for Unreal, NaPali and Unreal Tournament 99. For those like me, here are brief descriptions of those updates, and links to more information and downloads.

1. UnrealHD 2.1, is a High-Res skins mutator for both Unreal 227 and Unreal Tournament. This will replace all those old, blurry skins of Unreal/RTNP with detailed HD counterparts.

https://www.moddb.com/downloads/unrealhd-v2

2. Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1 HD, is a conversion of RTNP for UT99. This mod contains 10 new levels from restored beta content originally cut from Unreal.

https://www.moddb.com/news/return-to-na-pali-ultimate-edition-v11-hd-released

3. Unreal227 HD Texture Pack 2.0 completes the Unreal Retexturing Project originally started by Diehard SCWS. ALL the textures have been remade in HD and have been through several rounds of improvements.

https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal/addons/unreal-hd-textures

I recently installed all the above updates on my system, and everything seems to be working as intended. Further comments and observations are welcome.

Freddie

Reactions: cUnNiNg_StUnTs

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Well, I take back what I said about everything seems to be working after installing all the updates, Here is my problem.:

I installed Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1 HD on Unreal Tournament 99.

After installing it, I launched the game using the shortcut .bat program that came with the update. At the very beginning of the game, where one is standing on the raised metral platform, I noticed that the mouse does not work. It does not move at all. The other controls work (forward, back, side to side arrow keys, fire using left mouse, etc., just no mouse movement.)

The mouse works properly in the regular UT99 game. In the regular UT99 game, I’ve set the Input Preference options for the mouse to use Mouse Look, Mouse Smoothing and Auto Aim. It works properly with those settings. The mouse also works in other games, and in Windows.

In the Ultimate Edition section, In the Preferences options, I set the mouse to use the same settings as those in the regular UT99 section. The mouse doesn’t work. I tried the other settings, Direct Input, etc., but no combination of settings enables the mouse to function. It does not move at all. That is, one can't look around.

I have a basic 3 button Logitech mouse, with no mouse software installed. I even purchased another mouse, a Microsoft mouse, but I get the same results. That is, it also doesn't work. I’m running Windows 10 64 bit. The mouse works properly everywhere else.

What should I do about the mouse problem?

Feel free to ask questions.

Freddie

Last edited:

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
All,

I fixed the problem where the mouse wasn't working. Not knowing what else to do, I reinstalled everything. That fixed it! Mouse is now working. Go figure.

Freddy