1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diablo III

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vaskadar, May 8, 2012.

1. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

I agree that there is nothing wrong about saying a game sucks but it can be done constructively. Just getting online and saying 0 worst game ever, blizzard sucks etc is not a helpful nor insightful review for a network infrastructure issue.

As a developer it is hard for me it justify or even read reviews that just look like trolls jumping on launch day issue band wagon. If someone actually posted a well though out and reasonable response to why Diablo 3 deserves a 0 score I would not consider that to be a hater or a troll just trying to get attention on the forums of whatever website they are on.

But I highly doubt anyone could make an out right 0 score review in depth of why Diablo 3 sucks. Granted I have not played it yet, but what I played of the beta I was pretty impressed with the gameplay, combat, and visuals of the game, hardly anything I saw would scream 0 this game sucks toss it in the gutter. But seeing people jump on the metacritic 0/10 band wagon just calls out for making fun of them for being whining trolls who can't deal with the fact it is a game, something went wrong, it will most likely get fixed, be patient and enjoy an awesome game soon.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

More reason to hope it's sorted out by then :p

3. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

I have since got an email from my mum. It had arrived at her house (it was a birthday present) and will be here soon. :)

I was wanting to play it on release date but it seems I was saved quite a bit of frustration.

At least I know that the coll ed is mine :D

4. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

That would be fine for a single player game requiring no internet connection but for a dedicated online only game like Diablo 3 ffs, it's just retarded to expect a clean, smooth game - you know 10 billion other people are all hammering the connect to server tab.
    Best to leave it for a little while longer imo
    Looks cool though.

5. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Here Sleepy, have a smell at some freshly poop'ed-in boxers. Yes, the ones you're currently wearing.

Yes. You're mad.

Read a few comments on Diablo III, granted that 70% of them are error 37 codes, or typically WII-minded reviews to negate or improve the game overall score

Here's what I mean:

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/ODNnQ.jpg[/screenshot]

6. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Not sure what you mean...

Still not sure what you mean...

but obviously companies should not piss off a bunch of video game nerds lest they want to face the wrath of hundreds of negative reviews! OH THE HUMANITY!

7. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

So my problem with characters disappearing ended up being that the update set my region to Europe instead of Americas on start-up afterwards. Changing it back to Americas got me my characters back. Still disconnecting (3007) ridiculously often for no apparent reason.

8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

9. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

that's fuckin funny :lol:

Shepard has a cane. priceless.

10. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

This really doesn't even feel like Diablo 3. It's more like regular ol' Diablo. Those other games that we've been playing all these years were just beta tests. Blizzard has gotten pretty good at taking tried and true formulas and extending their lives. It's all very therapeutic.

Haven't had any server trouble since the launch day.

TheWhiteDrag#1183

11. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

How long does this game take to beat?

12. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

A couple of Asians (Koreans, most presumably) finished it in a few hours after they rushed it, the game is mostly short in content and has a "fuckload" of scripted events. About the difficulty, apparently just increases the mobs stats such as HP, and not their abilities.

Anyway, for 8-10 years of development, coming from Blizzard.. I wouldn't bother with Diablo III.

--------------------

BTW, my first peek at Blizzard's forums.

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/XNoIm.jpg[/screenshot]

Featuring our dearest friend White Knight Lord.

And I'mma call someone else a moron but you're an idiot for calling me one.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  13. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

People like to throw a stink, but the exact same thing happened with StarCraft II. A week or two later nobody cared.

14. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

The game looks fun and I will surely buy it at some point. I just wholesale disagree with the $60 pricepoint so I won't be buying in until it gets lower. The server fiasco is funny because it happens to Blizzard every time.

15. akstylish

akstylish Keyboard Crasha

16. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I honestly believe SC II has more to offer in the long therm from what I read so far. Therefore, I doubt it will be a no-fuck-given 2 weeks later. D3 just seems to be average overall, at least for Blizzard game!

17. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

Yeah, I remember it well, and this is the point I was trying to make.

Edit: Starcraft is absolutely awesome and still the best.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  18. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

TBH SC2s campaign sucked. The game was basically SC 1.5 with some new units for multiplayer. Blizzard has really gone downhill since WoW.

I'm sure people will be dedicated to both, for different reasons. Like Diablo 2 vs Brood War. Still, I think D3 will be too shallow and will get boring long term. At least SC2 has that competitive aspect that can keep things fresh for a long time.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  19. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

20. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

could some people send me some euro guest passes please ? I'd love to try the game with some friends.

(guest passes are region blocked so american ones can only be played on american servers)