1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diablo III

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vaskadar, May 8, 2012.

1. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Indeed

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765603

2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

They don't like it. Described as a casual experience for the most part.

I wonder if most of those haters are food stockpilers uploading pictures of their computer next to the toilet seat, or is it the fanbois?

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  3. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

Really? Every Blizzard launch is a shit show. Even the later WoW expansions ended up with servers crashing and huge queues and shitty performance. Hell, it's known to happen with major patch releases too. The trick is just to wait for a bunch of people to stop playing and you can get in.

4. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Lots of knee-jerk reactions from haters, yup!

5. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

My bet, more kiddies going to go to FTC... game is not to MY EXPECTATIONS... I am special and count more than every single customer... please fix game for me and me alone... fucking assholes..

Seriously Metacritic needs to disable user comments at least for a week or so after launch. Day 1 shit reviews from users are not helpful, just allowing trolls to be trolls and whining little cunts who can't deal with the fact that game is game, and games are not easy to make. Same assclowns post shit day 1 for most games, seriously if you are just on metacritic to be 0 posting troll on Day 1 launches your right to play games should be revoked.

Okay so the online on feature sucks.. Blizzard should have fixed that or removed it but just saying the entire value of the game sucks is uncalled for imo.

6. SlayerDragon

Oh man a game that has some controversy around it is released and people write dumb shit on user review sites? Quelle surprise!

7. SlayerDragon

IF YOU ARE CASUAL THEN DON'T READ. BUT IF YOU ARE A D2 RIDE OR DIE CRIP, READ THIS

This is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER.

8. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Just to clarify. This is an online-only game because it was built that way from the ground up.

When you kill a monster who lives on the server, that monster dies on the server, the loot it decides to drop lives on the server, you pick the loot up.. it goes into your character's inventory, which is stored on the server.

So pretty much everything that happens in the game is running and recorded on the Blizzard servers. There is no way to "remove" or "fix" the online requirement. The game is designed and built around it. It gives them extremely tight control of the content that is in the game and how players can interact with it.

9. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

I see. Well I am surprised with amount cash Activision/Blizzard has a company they could not have bought a huge server farm to deal with influx of anxious customers who wanted to play the game on launch night.

Oh well, I'll wait it out for a few days. Hopefully, on Saturday things will be better in terms of logging in and being able to play. I am sure the game is awesome just the infrastructure of it failed.

10. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

give it a few weeks and the kids and haters will leave and then the hardcore will settle down.

11. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Yeah, they are just extremely overloaded on launch day..

12. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

so you can't even play offline w/o an internet connection?

13. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

Those who hacked it or torrented it are playing offline I assume.

14. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

But but Blizzard made it this way to prevent torrents and hacks /clueless dumbass

Yeah fat chance.

15. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

I don't make decisions based on assumptions :p

16. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

If there is a will there is a way...

17. WedgeBob

WedgeBob XSI Mod Tool User

All righty, got my copy right here, and ready to play a round or two!

[​IMG]

18. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Unless they have the server files, and host their own server or somehow found a way to emulate a server running offline... nope.

Like I said before, the whole game runs off their servers. You have to be connected.

19. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

I'm still waiting for my coll ed to come.

20. SlayerDragon

Yeah to my knowledge there is currently no way to play it offline, due to exactly what Slainchild said. The game is basically WoW Lite in terms of architecture, and in some ways the graphics and art and gameplay as well. They locked it down to server-side because of the real money auction to prevent item hacking.