1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diablo 2 on Jingnet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Boom, Mar 6, 2001.

1. Boom

Boom Rumpshaking Moderator

Yeah, I know it doesn't count unless I play on the closed battlenet, but I'm just first learning how to kill stuff, so I'm playing an open character right now.

Man this is fun!!! I chose a barbarian to start with, cause it seems easiest to just run around and hack and slash and hack and slash!! I'm gonna try to go through the game with this dude, then make some more magical characters.

Jing is awesome! He has these superpowered chicks that can make meteors fall from the sky and all the bad guys just die! He makes big fire everywhere and ice and all kinds of stuff. He is always all glowy and sparkly and stuff. Sometimes it seems like he just looks at the bad guys and they just die!

And he gave me all this super cool stuff! I got the magic sword of "back the f--k up", and the bigass shield of "make way I'm coming through", and the killer boots of "you want this up your butt?" and the rare armor of "Oh yeah, hit me now biatch!" and the cool hat of "Hey, check out this cool hat!"

I'm still on act 1, and I'm only on the third quest of act 1, but my dude is already level 11 cause I spend all my time on the Jingnet running around with Jing and killing all these big bad monsters!!!

Woohooo! I now play two videogames! I'm expanding my horizons and stuff. :D

2. BishopASJ

BishopASJ Before the "consoles", there was Atari

WOW!

You're so talented and multidimensional :) I'm surprised there aren't any statues of you "constructed" in various cities around the globe yet...

...or are there?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2001
  3. Boom

You don't know the half of it. I also play Pimpwar! :p

And I can hacky sack. :D

I don't think there are any statues of me "erected" yet, but bend over and I'll erect something for ya. :)

4. BishopASJ

BishopASJ Before the "consoles", there was Atari

hrmmm...

You can hackysack as well! Will wonders never cease! This would explain your 1337 dancing moves you exhibit in UT. Simple transference of real life experience! Brilliant!

I was going to remove my post of anything regarding the word "erect", but I think it's more humorous this way, and would make this whole thread non-sensical...

wait-a-minute....

now I'm confused too.

5. Omega-Seven

Omega-Seven New Member

Alchmy Sam Needs YOU!

Be all the level you can be! All your rare treasures are belong to us, so join now!

Want to play on Jing.net? I'm usually in #Planetunreal...all you need is...well...Diablo 2 and latest patches and a character (I think anything over level 70 will be pointless, but since we are all headed in that direction anyway...).
    NO HACKED CHARACTERS. That's the entire point of playing on TCP/IP. To have fun, play with friends, and avoid the whole cheating issue.

Check me from around 6pm-12am PST

We are playing on my IP, and I will give it to you if I am running the 'server'.

On the Subject of 'Open' vs. 'Closed' games and cheating:

It's all bull. Yes, there are trainers, and yes, some people use them to hack their characters. But I am not one of those people. And Boom isn't. So if I am playing online with Boom, who is to say my Open-Tcp game is any worse than Closed Bnet? There is no cheating going on! So Extend that logic. If i only play with non-cheating people, then there is no difference between being on Closed Bnet or my TCP game (other than Ladders...whoop dee doo).

And though you might not think it, there IS a certain type of 'cheating' going on in closed games. You Do realize that high powered items and characters are sold over ebay, and other such online auction companies, yes? Isn't that a form of cheating? It's acquiring artifacts or character abilities without putting in the work for it. Who cares if they paid real cash for it? That just makes them that much dumber. And what about being carried through all the acts, and sitting around while seven other guys kill diablo over and over to reap in exp?

It's all relative people. I'm tired of hearing people talk down on not playing closed bnet. As long as I have fun, I've spent my $49.99 better than anyone else. And that's the thing to remember about ANY game (be it D2, UT, or Monopoly). [Just a little bitter about hearing people tell me how ghey and stupid I am for playing a 'cheat-ridden' open char]

And also, Blue M&M's? They taste the same as all the other colors. =)

6. Boom

Bah, that's all silly. There may be cheaters on the other open thingies, but there are no cheaters on Jingnet. :D

7. Morety

Morety The Farterator

I'll get on with you this weekend. :) My wife and kid are going away from Saturday morning til Tuesday :)

I'm gonna glue my ass in front of my comp and be really grubby all weekend. :D

8. Omega-Seven

Omega-Seven New Member

Morety: throw in a beer and a playboy, and it'll be just like you are in college again ;) hee hee

9. the~oreca

the~oreca Retired.

I ust sold my copy of D2 for 30$
    But my character is still there on my pc and online, I kept my saved games.
    I have some items Boom might want, stuff from act2 and 3.

My B.net guy is stronger than my open, simply because I played online more often.

10. Omega-Seven

Omega-Seven New Member

Realm Status

Jing|Net[D2] will likely be up only sporadically and late night (by PST reckoning) for the next two weeks due to final exams. Expect this problem to be cleared up by wednesday of next week.

Also, be advised that I am awaiting a time when ^Stormi^, StickyBuns, Boom, (at the very least) can come together to do the cow level. Any others who are interested (Kukuman, LordUkraine, etc.) leave a note so I know to wait for you.

Also, Stormi, I have your unique armor, StickyBuns has moved on to bigger and better things.

11. Omega-Seven

Omega-Seven New Member

Tips

Just realized that you CAN control the degree of spread for certain skills (Multishot and Teeth come most readily to mind; In fact I think those are the only ones).

The closer to your own character you click, the wider the arc of spread (greater space between individual 'bullets', but the arc the shots travel through is greater). The further away from yourself you click, the more tightly packed together the shots are. Very useful depending on how enemies are grouped, and how far away they are. It's most conducive to use the 'shift + click' method...that way if a narrow group of enemies approaches from the front, your shots can stay tight and focused by clicking behind them, rather than spreading them out as they get closer (and conversely, for hitting the three guys who surround you, but are not near each other)
    This isn't mentioned in the manual, and is good to know.

Also, the amazon's 'slow projectile' skill seems to limit the distance which charged bolts (you know, those annoying and lethal uniques with lightning enchantment) travel...

12. el Gato

el Gato Has-Been

Sounds sweet. Too bad I don't play D2. But I do hacky sack! :)

13. BlackIce

BlackIce Guest

/me hugs Jing...Thanks for hosting whats turned into a bit of a nightly ritual for me. You have put fun into a game that I had all but stopped playing because I couldn't find people I knew to play with. There is just something about playing with friends when it comes to online games. Don't know about you...but thats where it's AT for me.

14. Jadestar

Jadestar flu3nt!

Awww! I wanna play on Jing.net!! C'mon!! :D
    I just uninstalled Diablo II, and with it went my level 37 Barbarian.. man he had some cool stuff, mainly a non-magical Ancient Axe that I found in Act III Nightmare (I believe that's where), and I was gonna use my next imbue on it, and get a kickass Ancient Axe! It would be nice, cause I have my axe proficiency at max.

Anyways, once I get my new computer i'm gonna reinstall and make a new character. Really not sure what kind.. but I hope Jing.net is still open by then, cause i'd really love to play with you guys. :)

15. Omega-Seven

Omega-Seven New Member

Realm Status

I'm sure Jingnet will be open =)

Except for next week. =P Forgot to mention that. Spring break. Wont be here. Will be there. Where is there? There is there. silly. =) Jing|Net will be up for approximately the later half of that week which is next. Did i mention i have been up for 24 now? and that i wrote for 6 hours continuously for a 9 page esssay? I'ts spamsnatastic.

Sadly, I think that means all of you will surpass me in level =( sniff... I don't get to be leader anymore... =p =)
    Currently Fielding

Mordekai - Level 41 Necromancer
    Jin - Level 40 Sorceress (fire, Ice, Lightning)
    Iria - Level 38 Amazon (Bow type [because 'bowazon and javazon' sound ghey =p =)])

Hopefully Iria will tag 40 before I go... Still looking for socketable Gothic Bow and Ancient Shield (exceptional class equivalents for Long War Bow and Gothic shield respectively)... please donate! =)

Other players

Boom - Boom (duh) - Level 30ish Barbarian (Jumping sword lunatic type)

Leah - Stickybuns - Level 22ish Amazon (bow type)

Stormii - Stormi - Level 36ish Amazon (bow type)

Kukuman - guess - Level 30ish Paladin (thorny type)

Stripeface - Kukuman - Level 27ish Barbarian (held his breath too long and now his face is blue type)

Also, I have Arctic Furs Set Bow for Leahbuns - Short Battle bow, enhanced damage (8-whatever) and bonus 20% to attack rating
    And rare light plated boots of magical foot up your *** if you don't move outta my way (gambled and got tearhaunch, finally =p =)

That's it =) expect me to be passed out for most of this afternoon, i should be up and serving this evening (i'll be in no condition to study)

16. Sticky_Buns

Sticky_Buns buns-like

Jing Rulez

Well Jingy we will miss while you are away for spring break.... but don't worry about me surpassing your amazon (the only one that may surpass you is Boom b/c he has no life :eek: )

You will always be my leader in D2, I will follow you anywhere ;)

well I guess I'll see you tonight on Jingnet to get those cool gifts you always seem to find for me.

17. Omega-Seven

Omega-Seven New Member

Life?

I think i have an extra one in the stash....

18. Omega-Seven

Omega-Seven New Member

Chaos Sanctuary

http://www.battle.net/diablo2/

I haven't read through the whole site or anything, but so far i've found a lot of good advice, especially on how the magic items work (which can be cryptic sometimes, and up for mis-interpretation) and how Imbued items are generated [fairly important]. If nothing else, check out that section -

Note, find magic items percentage doesn't help a barbarian in finding items
    faster Recovery type enchantments "Stack"

Anyway, please get in touch with me! my stash, cube, and inventory are COMPLETELY full... i need to drop off items and switch to other characters!

19. flare

flare Banned

lol, act 1 is so easy and there not big and bad, wait until you get to the later acts, espically act 3, that act is so freaking hard, and when you get into the nightmare and hell difficulty it gets so repetitive and hard! I got a lvl 98 barbarian, and im real close to hitting lvl 99, the highest you can get :)

20. Boom

That was 2 weeks ago that I posted I was in act one. You gotta check the dates on the posts man. I have one character halfway through nightmare now and another one in act two of regular.