1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DHT problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by dotnetbeast, Aug 26, 2009.

1. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Im having a "DHT: Waiting to login" problem with uTorrent.

I know all of the ports are being fowarded correctly.

[screenshot]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/dotnetbeast/port.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

is it a recent issue? An uTorrent update might have changed the port settings in itself.

3. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Just got Verizon FiOS after not having internet for a while. Even disabled PeerGuardian to see maybe that would help. The port setting in uTorrent is the same in the router.

4. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

did you disable dht? (maybe accidental or by updating?)

what does the network status thingie say? should be a green circle. hover over it to see if there are any errors with your connection.

you could also try updating to the utorrent 2.0 beta.

5. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

The beta worked. Thanks somehow it worked.

6. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

I have a DHT problem too:
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68082.php

P.S: With regards to torrent clients, I think dht is the system used to find other potential download sources besides the ones that directly identifiable via the torrent. In other words, I think it searches for other torrents that have the same files, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  7. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

DHT searches for other peers by comparing hashes with a table. that helps you to find additional peers that are not connected to the tracker you are on.

8. dannydesil

dannydesil New Member

Whenever I download something, I get a DHT is firewalled error in azureus. If I use public servers, there is no problem whatsoever. But if I use a private one, I have some problems.

As you can see, my NAT is fine but my DHT isn't.

Just a little info. I have a westell 2200 modem/router set to no firewall mode that is going to my Linksys wrt4g router. When I download from BT, I hardwire it. I know the wrt4g has problems with p2p software, and that is basically why I'm using Azureus because everything else seems so screwy.

So, how do I fix my DHT? I really want to d/l at reasonable speeds from private trackers...

9. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

Private trackers probably force disabled DHT because if they wouldn't it would hardly be private anymore.