Devastation: Mission Sequence Listing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
This is the mission listing thus far for Devastation (as well as the mapper that has volunteered). All map names, descriptions, and sequences are still debatable. Items marked with "???" are unknown.

Assignment #00 A
- Locale: Delcove, Egypt; Civilian District
- Concentration: Hotel ???, Starport ???
- Mapper: Reciprocity

Assignment #00 B
- Locale: Delcove, Egypt; Industrial District
- Concentration: EMTO Headquarters
- Mapper: Destructive-Fly

Assignment #01
- Locale: Sahara Desert; Western Precinct
- Concentration: Observation Facility #214 ("Lonestar")
- Mapper: Madd_Cracker

Assignment #??
- Locale: ???
- Concentration: Skaarj Base Primary Exchange
- Mapper: Rakiayn

Assignment #??
- Concentration: Skaarj Prison
- Mapper: McTerry

Assignment #??
- Concentration: Skaarj Base Secondary Exchange
- Mapper: McTerry

Last edited:

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I've got a some screenies coming soon. My map, starts with the cliche guy waking up thing. But more waking up into a morning and hitting the ground running. Your mission...board the ship! Sounds not to hard, eh? I plan to include puzzles on getting the start sequence right and secret areas for you to acquire a piece of a weapon or perhaps an ammoless weapon that could be completed and utilized later in the game.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Oh! Is there a reason I couldn't perhaps map a little canyon or something to place lonestar in?
Willing to work with other mappers. :)

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
Reciprocity said:
Oh! Is there a reason I couldn't perhaps map a little canyon or something to place lonestar in?
Willing to work with other mappers. :)

No reason I can think of. I haven't heard any objections to using Egypt as the central location (in the beginning), so I guess we're okay there. Still, I think it's a good idea to wait at least one day before proceeding completely. Of course, the inside of the facility isn't affected much by the outside settings.

Madd_cracker:
All right, I've marked you down. I'll get together what info we have.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
mrbond...Is the primary organization our character's working for the EAM or some other subsidiary acrynem I've missed? If so, I'll have to PS another logo for my map.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
The EAM is the primary organization, yes, but more specifically, the player works for the EMTO (Earth Military Tactical Operations), a division of the EAM.

I know McTerry has a few ideas for interweaving the Devastation storyline with one they had over at UnrealCore, so some of the organization names may change.

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
Add me on the map after Skaarj Prison. I was calling it Prison Escape. Becose the whole Prison base is "%"½% hudge. :D
You won't reach the surface until the Prison Escape map.

Anyways. If you guys can give me a little more time I can fix the story a bit.
I'll start working on it this eving. So please wait until the story has been fully interweaved.

btw.. what is EAM & NEG?

Last edited:

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I changed the names of the missions a little to be more "formal". So, Prison Escape is now "Secondary Exchange" (fancy name for the "Skaarj Back Door"). :)

Fix the story. Can't wait to read it!

Huh...didn't you receive the latest team e-mail? The storyline (which is, by the way, thoroughly outdated) was in there, and all the funky acronyms were defined...even so.

The NEG (New Earth Government) is the unified Earth government that was formed shortly after the TWC (Third-World Conflict).

The EAM (Earth Aeronautic Military) is the primary military force of Earth, covering offensive, defensive, shallow, and deep space operations.

So the chain of command goes: NEG >> EAM >> EMTO

I'll post the full storyline from the e-mail shortly.

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
Well.. We have EDF also. So I guess EAF (Earth Attack Force) would be in command of EMTO? Just an idea.

Yeah I'm working on the story. :D
Yeah I got your mail. I hope I saved it.

Last edited:

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
If you ever need another copy, I can send it to you again (I always send myself a copy for reference purposes).

I'll read through the UC story tonight (surely the 10+ pages can't be all story? some spam too, me thinks ;) ), and try to develop a preliminary weaving.

Oh, and I think it would be cool to get UC more involved in this, as it does involve part of what they started. I know it has seen better days, but nothing like a few fresh ideas, right?

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
Yeah. It's not even close to the middle part of the story. And ofcourse there is alot of spam. :D
I agree that it would be cool if we involved it also. Even though it's kind of diffrent. But at least the war is the same. :D

I'm not the best storywriter out there. But I like writing stories.
Most of it I wrote are just basic exaples. Dunno if ppl like it. :p

Anways. I think we can come up with a good combination with both sides. :D

danielgeurts

Rakiayn
Mar 23, 2005
holland
hey mcterry send me your story too
btw i have some ideas myself that i will toss in soon, then we can compare them and combine or take the best or whatever,
i got the story line of my maps all figured out,
and some nice ideas for the whole story,

btw,ive started over with the map some time ago
im currently working on the terrain,
looks much better then the first version
(working on custom textures too)

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
Hmm...from what I read of it, it's more of humorous story involving the Tournament. Which brings me to this: is Devastation before the Tournaments started? I think it should be after. Even though the Skaarj entered the Tournament (as hybrids in GOTY, then as an actual team in 2k4), I think the relations are sour enough for a "cold war" type conflict.

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
Huh? Then you haven't read it all.

The first "chapter is about the tournament".
The rest involves a hudge war on an desert planet. But we havn't come that far yet. :p
I'm still writing about "Silver Moon". Got one or two parts left.

Devastation is AFTER the UC story.

I was thinking.. If the Human-Skaarj war already has ended. Why are we doing DS then?
Is it becouse the humans fear that the skaarjs will attack again?

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I just read the last of the UC story now. Interesting. I'm surprised it lasted over the two years...

Think of Devastation like the end of World War I. Sure, the war was over, but everybody knew another one would come.

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
The only thing we need to change in the DS story is that "The Great War" has ended on Earth.
UC team was sent on a big war on the desert planet where every single one of the human soldiers and skaarjs died.
This is where this part of the war ends.

Now the questiong comes. Where does DS fit in?
I think DS could be a part of smaller wars or scouting for intel on other planets and moons.
While the war haven't finished compleatly in the galaxy there will be a war on the planet YOU as a player plays on. :D
So why not add this in the DS? So the player can feel that there is a war going on.
You can meet other squads from the human side who can help you in diffrent missions. It could be quite a big TC. :D

Not sure if I made my self clear here. But I hope you guys can understand what I mean. :D

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I think I understand where you're going. Now, my question is, does that continuing war still have to be between human and Skaarj? It wouldn't exactly make sense to have humans and Skaarj fighting on an unknown planet. So how about....Krall and Skaarj? Or Brute and Skaarj? Or Krall + Brute and Skaarj?

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
Isn't Butes an Skaarj experiment?
I don't know. Or just skip the war and let it be so they create new weapons for another one. :p

I don't know.