Desert Eagle Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
The DE's representation in movies is no fault of the manufacturer.
alot of guns are seen in movies.
along with alot of reality abuse.
it wasent a DE that NEO was firing full auto during a one handed handstand in the matrix (that killed two guards btw) ;)

so what?
Im supposed to be ashamed that my favorite inf handgun is widely used in the film industry? :p
hell no!

someone sold a few guns, we get a good show, everyones happy. they should be allowed to brag on their company page that magnum research made a few bucks in the process.

DE .50 is just a really big overpowered weapon.
any misunderstanding is not the guns fault.
And definatly no reason to cheat us out of using an interesting piece.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
You want a movie where good RL tactics take place? Try out Proof of Life. Damn good ****. It's got M-4's and and M-249's. And no fukkin scopes! And no DE's! :D

Last edited:

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
You guys are all wrong. Don't you know that the most common Hollywood trends regarding firearms handling and employment are obviously the most true to life? Allow me to enlighten you on several facts:

- Shooting your gun sideways makes it more accurate and deadly. Bonus points if you call it a "gat".

- FMJ bullets will detonate all manners of flammable, incendiary, and explosive substances, no matter how small or insensitive or impractically placed they may be.

- 1/2" thick drywall and 55 gallon steel drums make for the best cover. Their bulletproofing qualities are world-renowned.

- Magazines are called "extra clips" and hold unlimited amounts of ammunition. They can optionally run dry at the most inconvenient time for the shooter.

- Fire selectors are perfunctory only. All guns fire fully automatically and spew balls of fire bigger than a refrigerator. Flash suppressors are there only to add to the menacing appearance of these weapons.

- Robbers, terrorists, bad guys, and other ne'er do-wells have terrible aim and will never hit you. Your firearm is capable of 1/16th MOA at 2000 yards and requires only a cursory swipe in the target's general direction to make a spectacular kill.

- Shotguns are the ultimate weapon of mass destruction. They unleash massive walls of searing hot lead that spreads to 10 feet diameter after 15 inches of travel and smashes into bodies with power equivalent to a small tactical nuke. Penetration against aforementioned drywall and drums is negligible, however.

- Hand grenades actually pack 50 lbs. of explosives into a tight little ball. When the pin is pulled it will always allow you time to get away from it, but not the bad guy you threw it at (if he throws it back at you, relax and toss it back, you've got lots of time). All explosions are slow-moving large orange fireballs with lots of black smoke, and can produce a crater 20 feet in diameter.

- Silencers serve to completely muffle the report of any and all weapons they are mounted to. With this magical device affixed to your muzzle, you will be virtually invisible to all those around you. They also make the same "PTYOO!" sound regardless of caliber.

There are many more but these few examples should give you a general idea of what's real and what isn't. And any movie that doesn't follow these guidelines is simply pure fiction. And if you ever see differently in real life, you're hallucinating and should back off the crack pipe. :)

Troubleshooter

Aug 5, 2000
The Netherlands
-.Guns are smart: if a 'badguy' (witch might include the film director:rolleyes: ) gets hit he will instantly die while the goodguys or 'End-bosses' have special genetic proporties that enable them to withstand the most horrible wounds.

-.Supa-dupa-kevlar(the one you cant leave home without) they are really cool since they can stop 7.62MM rounds at pointblank range while being completly invisible beneath a simple sweater and still way as light as a T-shirt. offcourse its highly flexible when it needs to be, AKA-Smart kevlar.

-.Every gun has a 100Watt speaker mounted beneath its barrel to make that 120MM full-auto cannon sound we all love.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
LMAO....ow, my ribs....ow ow :D :D :D

OH, you forgot the big about the miniguns! And how easy they are to fire and all run off 8 AA batteries with an average lifecycle of about 22hrs before they need changing. And how light and easy to carry that backpack is and that it has the new Load-O-Matic built right in so it will constantly generate new ammo without the need to ever reload! And that the new barrel arrays all have built in laser/vapo cooling units that keep them running nice and cool. Don't forget about the gyro down at the bottom that lets you hit targets with the endless hail of rounds while signing your name with them in the bad guy's bottom! ; )

:D Streaks

Doyve the Royve

Quite simply the best Royve around!
You missed:

6-shot revolvers hold 10 rounds

.50 Desert Eagles hold 2 :p

It is possible to fire 60 AP bullets on full auto from an Uzi which will kill anyone with one round through tank armor

Jump or run and exlposions will throw you to the ground with a couple of bruises, stand still and they will throw you 50m to your death

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
It wouldn't be nearly as funny, if it wasn't on TV every day(at least in many action films..).

Some of my "fav" scenes.(Note: perhaps the name is not totally right, since I saw most in German).

- McBain(with Cristopher Walken): At the beginning, in Vietnam, that guy with the Mexican name shoots a VC with what looks like a M82A1. The gun doesn't move at all, but the VC hit at point blank range flies back 20m.

- Street Fighter(?): (at the end, I think; it's been a while)JC VanDamme jumps around wildly while 20 or so enemies fire full-auto weapons, missing him and he kills them by the dozen with a M9!

- Barb Wire: AKIMBO DEs(plus held sideways..)!!! Do I need to say more..

Snakeye :D

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Originally posted by St0rmcaller
Gas operated pistol. Still boggles my mind really.

Actually, there are pretty sound reasons behind DE being gas operated. It is a semi built to fire revolver cartridges; and revolver cartridge casings are, in general, quite thin. As a result of that, using short recoil was impossible, as it begins extraction while pressure in the barrel is still high, and the fragile casing is very likely to be damaged - potentially damaging the gun as well. H&K's roller locked delayed blowback isn't feasible in a handgun, so they turned to the last alternative - gas operation.

With all this in mind, DE is not a military handgun. Military handguns are used primarily for last-resort self-defense, while means that they are carried a lot more than used, and 1.5kg weight cuts DE out of that category. It does have a niche though - the functions it was originally designed for - target shooting and hunting... and, well, movies too I guess :rolleyes:

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by RAZZ
Hey you! leave pamela outta this.
Mrs. anderson just has very big.... wrists :D

Oh no Razz! You can't provoke me to attach the entire Tommy Lee & Pam Andersuck video to proof that you're wrong :D But trust me: she has no big... wrists :p

TitanBlue