1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Demoman Reviews: America's Army 3

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jun 30, 2009.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

ShackNews has posted a Demoman review of America's Army 3.

2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

:lol: Do they really have that in the game, that is, the bed with the plush bear all set for jail?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  3. Mclogenog

Mclogenog I put the lol in philology

Kantham, they really do. I didn't believe it either, so I tried it out. Gave Sgt. Mr. Obvious a bullet, and after another load screen I'm in a jail. It looks like they spent more time creating the material used for the stuffed animal, deck of cards (which has cats on it), and hyper-detailed toilet in that cell, than they did on some of their weapon models.

4. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

:lol:!!! Perhaps this is a reflection of how the development team felt while working on the game, the only thing to do was beautify the prison.

5. blindrob

blindrob New Member

While in jail, open console and turn ghost on. You can then check out all of the other jail cells. Most of them have something silly in them.

6. Mclogenog

Mclogenog I put the lol in philology

[SCREENSHOT]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/Mclogenog/WTF.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

It bothers me that the decals on the walls, and the enormous muffins, and the skateboarding bears, are all of higher quality than the rest of the game. Though I think Brizz is probably right with his assessment.

7. BobTheBeheader

BobTheBeheader New Member

Funny article...

8. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

TBH I find America's Army rather fun, underneath the loads of bugs. At the moment I don't think I can do any training missions, which would be annoying except the game currently has everything unlocked for everyone in multiplayer. And as far as the unintentional fun goes, it's hard to beat the yucks you get from running around as Pvt. George W. Bush or Pvt. Barack Obama in a US Military sponsored game.

The fact that I didn't have to pay a dime for it makes me a lot more forgiving of its flaws I guess.

9. OutlawSkot33

OutlawSkot33 Im me.

For a game that is using UE3, it looks like UE2 used in the past PC versions and Rise Of A Soldier on XBOX.

Lame -.-

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009