demo with gameplay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

judgedee

Nov 8, 2004
Great looking stuff, but I may be a little confused. I got the "eon foundation utm alpha v0.1" demo,58.2 mb. It's a nice map, with a soldier to play as, but nothing else. Are there supposed to be any beasts in this demo? Or any kind of combat? I'm trying to play as a single player- is this multiplayer only? Thanks, I will be watching out for progress on your project.

LAn

Jan 2, 2003
www.lan-design.de.vu
Yet it's nothing more than some eyecandy-demo, not really playable. You can change races, though. Press 6/7/8 (or something similar, check your controls) to switch between classes.

The beasts - especially the small raptor (forgot the name) - are really cool. The movement is a completely mess, though, you'll get stuck everywhere. Nevertheless it feels nice to a certain degree, e.g. the increasing fov (?) while running, or the ability to gain some health by eating up your enemies after trailing their death bodies to an undisturbing place. ;)

btw: just ignore my spellingerrors. I'm tired like hell.

[Edit: WTF?! I've been registered for nearly two years and never have posted? God bless me.]

Last edited:

judgedee

Nov 8, 2004
Thanks for the info (?), LAn. Are you saying there are beasts in this demo? I got a lan setup going, got two guys running around that can kill each other, but no beasts of any kind. Is there something on the map you do to get them to appear? I have the latest ut04 patch installed- does it work with this, or do I need an earlier patch? Thanks for any help.