Demo recording

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
Demo recording question

I am trying to make some ut gameplay movie, i know how to record demos, and how to play them (and convert them to AVI.) but is there any way to get some more control??

Like using behindview, slowmo, that sort of stuff.. The only command that works is the showhud command.. Is there any way to get those other command to work too? so that i can record some sort of cool movie :D..

Last edited:

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
he said he knows how to convert them to AVIs :p

you usually cant use behindview or a free chase cam or anything like that unless you have a serverside demo.. you could have a friend or somebody spectating taking a demo to get you a serverside demo.. or you could play offline in instant action and take a demo and you get the same thing as a serverside demo.

otherwise, you'll want to get a good editing program.. i use adobe premier, though there are prolly some easier, more affordable programs out there.. that is what you will want to use to do slowmo effects and stuff

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
Yeah i have videoediting programs, but i'd like to keep the FPS high so just slowing down isnt a good idea..

But you say that when i get a " Serverside demo" I can get full commands??

So when someone spectates and records thats a good demo? (so i could run a spec on another computer? (supposing i dont get kicked for idling :D))

Oh and what is FRAPS?
(the avi stuff was just so that i wouldnt get ppl telling me: " type demorec [name] in the console" )

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
I have another problem: when i have a clientside demo, my weapon doesnt show.. I tried Showgun but the weapon didnt appear.. Any solutions for that??