.dem ----> .avi or .mpg

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shin

Ethical Illusionz
Aug 29, 2001
Behind my desk
www.ioerror.co.uk
I read on a unreal forum a while back that there was a way to convert demorecs made in UT to avi or mpg files. Does anyone know which program that does?? I couldn't look it up cus they deleted the entire forum :(

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
sorry

Many people have asked this question before...and the truth is that you cant convert such a file directly.
Demo files .dem contain data based apon what was seen from the recorders eyes and on that machine. Demos are effected on playback by the difference in the machines speed that it is played on.
If you dont play your demo on the same machine that you recorded it on you will likely suffer from slow or faster playback.
Its been some time but i remember one of nali city forums regulars posting a direct quote from one of the UT's creaters. Basically it stated you cannot.

There is however a few ways that you can transfer the video output on to your VCR or another pc and video capture it.
Video output on your video card...if you have it ...is one way. The quality usually sucks...but its there.
Using a scan doubler is another way. A bit expensive but they can produce even more clear images. The downside is that it still wont look anywhere as great as the origonal.