Deleting abandoned decals.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dryn

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Wishful thinking, but I'm wondering if there's a way to eliminate decals that have been abandoned. Doesn't even have to be specific; I'd have to do this map wide so a general 'destroy decal' order would be ideal.

Thanks for any insight into this problem.

NVShacker

if (think(leet)) kill(scriptkiddey.head)
Jul 25, 2000
Lost in your eyes
What do you mean by abandoned? Like, no pawns are in proximity or what? UT should do this on its own. Or do you mean destroying all decals?

If you mean at a certain point, I'd imagine (As a novice coder, mind you) that you could just make a mutator that does a CheckReplacement() that returns false for decals and spawn it when you want this to happen. I'm pretty sure that'd word. Maybe. Be more specific. :p

Dryn

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Problem has been solved; basically though I love the idea of the projector's abandon function [ie it can be 'destroyed' but the projection persists X seconds and fades out smoothly; thus saving the upkeep for a dynamic actor each tick, etc]. Problem is my game requires environments to be 'reset' dynamically, meaning that everything is perfectly reset save for scorch marks and the like.

As it turns out, if you leave out the abandon line, the projector will function _exactly_ the same way, unless you call Destroy()... at which point the decal is _gone_. I was worried that I would lose fade-out of dead projectors, but as long as they expire by lifespan, this seems to keep happening.