Dedicated Server Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
I'm behind a router, and I was led to believe that there is some sort of special port that is used to make dedicated servers visible to the browser.

I need some help, I can start dedicated servers but no one can fidn them.

ranchhand

Old Timey Stillhouse Thug
Jul 30, 2001
brooklyn
Visit site
everyone's "behind a router"

are you using a proxy? or is your address provided via NAT? is there a firewall in effect, if so, what type/OS? do you have control over the router in question, or does anyone you can talk to have access to it--if so, you'll need to ask them to port forward the following range of ports to your machine's IP:

7777 - 7779

i understand that unreal tournament does some dynamic port allocation for UDP uplinks, so to be safe, you might want to extend the range up to 7780 (or possibly higher), but use some type of packet filter to limit usage of that range of ports to the UT server only.

and also punch a hole through port 27900 on your firewall to allow for master server updates.

if it's a linux firewall, you can send your network admin here:
http://tsmservices.com/masq/detailform.php3?222

and, according to Epic's documentation, you'll also need to change the server name to the *public* IP of the router interface that you're connected to. not quite sure how this works from a technical standpoint, other than providing a fallthrough for players who want to try and manually connect to your server via the UT client's "Open Location..." command.

hope this helps. good luck!

------------------------------------------
ps: i got all this information from www.theadminpage.com