1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deathball 2.3 with ut2vote4.7 problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by weem, Nov 18, 2004.

1. weem

weem New Member

Hi - as the topic line above suggests im struggling to get a deathball server running with ut2vote.

After voting for deathball the server then seems to start deathball but on a normal deathmatch map.

Obviously after this happens nobody can connect to it - but its there in the server browser. After a period of time it switches back to the default gametype.

In webadmin - and also in ut2vote - none of the deathball maps can be seen at all. If i try to create a new maplist in webadmin it wont let me.

Its like it isnt seeing any DB maps/maplist at all. Its running on a linux box - so maybe theres a case-sensitive thing going on there?

Ive added what i think are the correct lines to the ut2vote47.ini file, added the extra paths in the servers ut2004.ini, and copied the ucl file across as well.

Ive installed it in its own deathball directory.

My ut2vote.ini snippets are:

[UT2Vote47.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutA",ServerPackages="Deathball,Deathball_rc,DeathballAI")

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteGameTypes]
    GameType=(GameName="DeathBall2.3",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="DeathBall2.3-UT2Vote",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DB-Cube",MapPrefix="DB",GameClass="deathball.DB_DeathBall",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutA",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=11?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=4?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=0?Difficulty=5")

Do i have to put a DB maplist in the ut2004.ini file? Or maybe putting all the DB maps in the same directory as the normal maps is necessary?

Thanks for reading all this waffle above btw!! :D

2. hmishima

hmishima New Member

You need to put 'Paths=../Deathball/Maps/*.ut2' statements in your ut2004.ini. You need one statement for each directory.

3. weem

weem New Member

Thanks - but i already have done this (i assume you mean the ut2004.ini file on the server?)

See below:

[Core.System]
    PurgeCacheDays=30
    SavePath=../Save
    CachePath=../Cache
    CacheExt=.uxx
    CacheRecordPath=../System/*.ucl
    MusicPath=../Music
    SpeechPath=../Speech
    Paths=../System/*.u
    Paths=../Maps/*.ut2
    Paths=../Textures/*.utx
    Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
    Paths=../Music/*.umx
    Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
    Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
    Paths=../Saves/*.uvx
    Paths=../deathball/System/*.u
    Paths=../deathball/Maps/*.ut2
    Paths=../deathball/Textures/*.utx
    Paths=../deathball/Sounds/*.uax
    Paths=../deathball/Music/*.umx
    Paths=../deathball/StaticMeshes/*.usx
    Paths=../deathball/Animations/*.ukx

4. hmishima

hmishima New Member

I think I remember Imaginos saying those need to be tacked onto the end of the [Core.System] section and not at the end of the default Paths../

Or, try this as well:

CacheRecordPath=../deathball/System/*.ucl

That has worked for me on some other mods. I know Imaginos would know the answer though.

5. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

Hi guys. Didn't see this thread til now - military internet blocks BeyondUnreal.. :( Also I am a little pressed for time atm.. but I will be back later tonight.

A few things to bring up about multimod and Deathball. One is here: http://forums.gameservers.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15928
    That one covers a problem that arises with Deathball using some of the same texture names as stock UT. The solution is there too.

In the core section, it is important that any mods added be subordinate to the stock filepaths. Again, this is related to the referenced issue above.

For a simple test, you can copy deathball's *.ucl files to your existing ../ut2004/system directory. Once UT sees them, it should add the missing [deathball.DB_DeathBall] section into your ut2004.ini

Getting out to the store a little later than I wanted to. Hopefully by the time I get back, you'll already be busy playing Deathball.

6. weem

weem New Member

This is really interesting stuff (no really!).

When i went to copy the ucl files over they were already there - so i forced ut2vote once again to go over to deathball - and the same thing happened again (trying to load a deathmatch map).

So i went back into webadmin - and lo and behold the deathball maps are showing up in the maplist now.

So i swapped to deathball using the webadmin and it worked!!

So partial success then!!

The only problem now is that deathball maps arent appearing in the ut2vote menu (other gametypes are fine). So i guess thats why it tries to load the first DM map alphabetically on the server instead.

Also if im in deathball and i vote for a stock gametype the maps again arent in the ut2vote menu - but after it restarts (causing say a deathmatch on the same deathball map) - next time i go to vote the stock maps are again available in the menu.

Ok i COULD just remove deathball from voting and then switch it manually to deathball using webadmin - but it would be great to get it working fully as its real close now.

My command line is:

./ucc-bin server DM-Antalus?GameStats=True ini=UT2004.ini -nohomedir multihome=83.142.52.14
    (i can ask my server provider to change the command line - so its easily done)

My ut2vote.ini:

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteConfigs]
    VoteAdminPass=**edit
    ClanAdminPass=**edit
    GamePassword=
    DefaultGame=XGame.xDeathMatch
    DefServerName=www.clan-outsiders.co.uk
    ServerMuts=AntiTCC118c.MutAntiTCCFinal
    ServerLine=
    bAllowArena=True
    bAllowMuts=True
    bAllowKick=True
    bAllowGames=True
    bNoVotePopup=False
    bDoGamePopup=False
    bColorSkins=False
    MesgTypeTime=40
    MaxPlayersIsp=13
    bAllowBehind=True
    bShowBotsKick=False
    bVoteWhenDead=True
    bWebadmin=True
    bArenaAlone=False
    bMutAlone=False
    bNoRestart=False
    bHideNames=False
    bAlwaysKick=True
    bAltSwitch=True
    bMinMaxMaps=False
    bDisAllVoting=False
    bDisServAdmin=False
    bDisOpinion=False
    bDisAdminMesg=False
    bClanServName=False
    bDisDemoRec=True
    bUseChatLog=True
    bUseChatMap=False
    bUseChatIDs=False
    bSwitchDefMap=True
    bUseRandomMap=True
    bUseUniqueID=True
    bArena=False
    bArenaAST=False
    bArenaBIO=False
    bArenaFLK=False
    bArenaLNK=False
    bArenaMIN=False
    bArenaRED=False
    bArenaROC=False
    bArenaSHK=False
    bArenaLIT=False
    bArenaAVR=False
    bArenaGRN=False
    bArenaMLY=False
    bArenaSNP=False
    LevelEndTime=45994695
    Nounce=1

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteVoting]
    bChangeVote=True
    VoteMinTime=30
    VoteMaxTime=90
    VoteStepTime=7
    VoteIdleTime=15
    GameVoteTime=10
    VotePercent=51
    GameVoteLimit=1

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteIniOnly]
    bStandardServer=True
    bSortOpinion=True
    bDisplayRec=True
    bCheckMaps=False
    bDisMapCon=False
    bAdminAtEnd=False
    bUseGameName=True
    bDetectUTComp=True
    bSortMutsList=True
    bSortGameList=False
    bNoClientWarn=False
    BanMinLevs=0
    BanMaxLevs=99
    DefaultSwitch=3
    MapListSort=0
    WaitForLevel=90
    OtherDMPrefix=

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteGameTypes]
    GameType=(GameName="DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Team DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Capture the Flag",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Double Domination",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DOM-Core",MapPrefix="DOM",GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Bombing Run",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="BR-Anubis",MapPrefix="BR",GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=15?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Invasion",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Mutant",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="BonusPack.xMutantGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Last Man Standing",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=30?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Assault",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="AS-Convoy",MapPrefix="AS",GameClass="UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Onslaught",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="InstaGib CTF",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",GameClass="XGame.InstagibCTF",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Vehicle CTF",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="None",MapPrefix="VCTF",GameClass="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="DeathBall Reg 2.2 Final",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="DeathBall 2.3 - UT2Vote",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DB-Cube",MapPrefix="DB",GameClass="deathball.DB_DeathBall",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutA",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=11?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=4?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=0?Difficulty=5")

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteMutators]
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Berserk Weapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBerserk",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Big Head",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBigHead",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Camouflage combo",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Classic Sniper",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTClassic.MutUseSniper",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Fast Weapon Switch",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutFastWeapSwitch",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="InstaGib",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutInstaGib",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Low Gravity",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Adrenaline",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Score Limit",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UT2Vote47.UT2VoteZeroScore",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Superweapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Onslaught Weapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Onslaught.MutOnslaughtWeapons",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Pint-sized combo",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Quad Jump",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutQuadJump",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Regeneration",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutRegen",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Slow Motion Corpses",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutSlomoDeath",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="UT Classic",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTClassic.MutUTClassic",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Vampire",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutVampire",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Zoom InstaGib",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutZoomInstaGib",Voted=False)

[UT2Vote47.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutA",ServerPackages="Deathball,Deathball_rc,DeathballAI")

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteMapInfo]
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-Albatross",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteMapCheck]
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-Smallmap",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=4)
    CheckMap=(MapName="CTF-Hugemap",MinPlayers=10,MaxPlayers=32)

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteNewMaps]
    NewMap=(MapName="DM-Whatever")
    NewMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-Alpu3")

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteKickBan]
    BanPlayer=(NickName="Whatever",UniqueID="4230fjj7a6cafda49fed3f4200fa97kk",IPaddrs="123.123.123.123",Levels=111)

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteGameSwitch]
    SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=False)

7. weem

weem New Member

Bits of my servers ut2004.ini (hopefully ive pasted in the relevant parts):

[Core.System]
    PurgeCacheDays=30
    SavePath=../Save
    CachePath=../Cache
    CacheExt=.uxx
    CacheRecordPath=../System/*.ucl
    MusicPath=../Music
    SpeechPath=../Speech
    Paths=../System/*.u
    Paths=../Maps/*.ut2
    Paths=../Textures/*.utx
    Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
    Paths=../Music/*.umx
    Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
    Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
    Paths=../Saves/*.uvx
    Paths=../deathball/System/*.u
    Paths=../deathball/Maps/*.ut2
    Paths=../deathball/Textures/*.utx
    Paths=../deathball/Sounds/*.uax
    Paths=../deathball/Music/*.umx
    Paths=../deathball/StaticMeshes/*.usx
    Paths=../deathball/Animations/*.ukx
    # Suppress=DevLoad
    # Suppress=DevSave
    # Suppress=DevNetTraffic
    # Suppress=DevGarbage
    # Suppress=DevKill
    # Suppress=DevReplace
    # Suppress=DevCompile
    # Suppress=DevBind
    # Suppress=DevBsp
    # Suppress=DevNet
    # Suppress=DevKarma
    # Suppress=RecordCache
    # Suppress=MapVoteDebug
    # Suppress=Init
    # suppress=MapVote
    # Suppress=VoiceChat
    # Suppress=ChatManager
    # Suppress=Timer
    # Suppress=DevLIPSinc
    Suppress=DevLoad
    Suppress=DevSave
    Suppress=DevNetTraffic
    Suppress=DevGarbage
    Suppress=DevKill
    Suppress=DevReplace
    Suppress=DevCompile
    Suppress=DevBind
    Suppress=DevBsp
    Suppress=DevNet
    Suppress=DevKarma
    Suppress=RecordCache
    Suppress=MapVoteDebug
    Suppress=Init
    Suppress=VoiceChat
    Suppress=ChatManager
    Suppress=Timer

[Engine.GameEngine]
    CacheSizeMegs=32
    UseSound=True
    VoIPAllowVAD=False
    UseStaticMeshBatching=True
    ColorHighDetailMeshes=False
    ColorSlowCollisionMeshes=False
    ColorNoCollisionMeshes=False
    ColorWorldTextures=False
    ColorPlayerAndWeaponTextures=False
    ColorInterfaceTextures=False
    MainMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4MainMenu
    ConnectingMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading
    DisconnectMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4DisconnectOptionPage
    LoadingClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4SP_LadderLoading
    SinglePlayerMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4SP_Main
    ServerReadsStdin=False
    DetectedVideoMemory=0
    C_WorldBox=(B=107,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_GroundPlane=(B=63,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_GroundHighlight=(B=127,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_BrushWire=(B=63,G=63,R=255,A=255)
    C_Pivot=(B=0,G=255,R=0,A=255)
    C_Select=(B=127,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_Current=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_AddWire=(B=255,G=127,R=127,A=255)
    C_SubtractWire=(B=63,G=192,R=255,A=255)
    C_GreyWire=(B=163,G=163,R=163,A=255)
    C_BrushVertex=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_BrushSnap=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_Invalid=(B=163,G=163,R=163,A=255)
    C_ActorWire=(B=0,G=63,R=127,A=255)
    C_ActorHiWire=(B=0,G=127,R=255,A=255)
    C_Black=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_White=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
    C_Mask=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_SemiSolidWire=(B=0,G=255,R=127,A=255)
    C_NonSolidWire=(B=32,G=192,R=63,A=255)
    C_WireBackground=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_WireGridAxis=(B=119,G=119,R=119,A=255)
    C_ActorArrow=(B=0,G=0,R=163,A=255)
    C_ScaleBox=(B=11,G=67,R=151,A=255)
    C_ScaleBoxHi=(B=157,G=149,R=223,A=255)
    C_ZoneWire=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
    C_Mover=(B=255,G=0,R=255,A=255)
    C_OrthoBackground=(B=163,G=163,R=163,A=255)
    C_StaticMesh=(B=255,G=255,R=0,A=255)
    C_VolumeBrush=(B=225,G=196,R=255,A=255)
    C_ConstraintLine=(B=0,G=255,R=0,A=255)
    C_AnimMesh=(B=28,G=221,R=221,A=255)
    C_TerrainWire=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
    ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
    ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
    ServerActors=IRCReporter.Main
    ServerActors=ServerExt.StatsChatLog
    ServerActors=AntiTCC118c.AntiTCCServerActor
    ServerPackages=Core
    ServerPackages=Engine
    ServerPackages=Fire
    ServerPackages=Editor
    ServerPackages=IpDrv
    ServerPackages=UWeb
    ServerPackages=GamePlay
    ServerPackages=UnrealGame
    ServerPackages=XEffects
    ServerPackages=XPickups
    ServerPackages=XGame
    ServerPackages=XWeapons
    ServerPackages=XInterface
    ServerPackages=Vehicles
    ServerPackages=TeamSymbols_UT2003
    ServerPackages=TeamSymbols_UT2004
    ServerPackages=BonusPack
    ServerPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
    ServerPackages=SkaarjPack
    ServerPackages=UTClassic
    ServerPackages=UT2k4Assault
    ServerPackages=Onslaught
    ServerPackages=GUI2K4
    ServerPackages=UT2k4AssaultFull
    ServerPackages=OnslaughtFull
    ServerPackages=xVoting
    ServerPackages=AntiTCC118c
    ServerPackages=UT2Vote47

[Engine.MaplistManager]
    Games=(GameType="BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame",ActiveMaplist="Default LMS")
    Games=(GameType="BonusPack.xMutantGame",ActiveMaplist="Default MUT")
    Games=(GameType="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",ActiveMaplist="Default ONS")
    Games=(GameType="SkaarjPack.Invasion",ActiveMaplist="Default INV")
    Games=(GameType="UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo",ActiveMaplist="Default AS")
    Games=(GameType="XGame.xBombingRun",ActiveMaplist="Default BR")
    Games=(GameType="XGame.xCTFGame",ActiveMaplist="Default CTF")
    Games=(GameType="XGame.xDeathMatch",ActiveMaplist="Default DM0")
    Games=(GameType="XGame.xDoubleDom",ActiveMaplist="Default DOM2")
    Games=(GameType="XGame.xTeamGame",ActiveMaplist="Default TDM")
    Games=(GameType="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",ActiveMaplist="Default VCTF")
    Games=(GameType="Jailbreak.Jailbreak",ActiveMaplist="Default JB")
    Games=(GameType="XGame.InstagibCTF",ActiveMaplist="Default ICTF")
    Games=(GameType="DuelGame40.DuelGame",ActiveMaplist="Default DM1")
    Games=(GameType="utcompv15.UTComp_Duel",ActiveMaplist="Default DM2")
    Games=(GameType="Deathball.DB_DeathBall",ActiveMaplist="Default DB")

[deathball.DB_DeathBall]
    HardnessSP=0
    SP=0
    PassAimCone=0
    faceStyle=0
    chestStyle=0
    chestColor=0
    goggleStyle=0
    goggleColor=0
    hairStyle=0
    hairColor=0
    facialHairStyle=0
    JerseyStyle=0
    mapsettings=0
    bLongShots=True
    KeeperMaxHoldTime=7
    MultiBalls=1
    MultiBallCounter=0
    CrowdVolumeSettings=0.000000
    bSmokesAndSparks=True
    bPracticeMode=False
    SelfGoalMax=2
    EndGameType=0
    OvertimeTime=5
    b2GoalWin=False
    bShortReset=False
    bOnlyVolleyGoals=False
    bOnlyDistanceGoals=False
    bImpedeBallCarrier=False
    bOnlyTeamVolleyGoals=False
    bSpamProtection=True
    Replayamount=1
    bEndGameReplays=True
    bSelfVolleySpeed=False
    FriendlyBotSkill=5.000000
    bAllowNonTeamChat=False
    FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
    NetWait=5
    bForceRespawn=False
    bAdjustSkill=False
    bAllowTaunts=True
    bAllowTrans=False
    SpawnProtectionTime=2.000000
    LateEntryLives=1
    LoginMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4PlayerLoginMenu
    bAllowPrivateChat=True
    bWeaponStay=True
    bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
    ResetTimeDelay=11
    GoalScore=0
    MaxLives=0
    TimeLimit=30

[DefaultDB MaplistRecord]
    DefaultTitle=Default DB
    DefaultGameType=Deathball.DB_DeathBall
    DefaultActive=0
    DefaultMaps=DB-Wrongway
    DefaultMaps=DB-Wastelands
    DefaultMaps=DB-Tribun
    DefaultMaps=DB-TrainingCourt
    DefaultMaps=DB-Touchdown
    DefaultMaps=DB-SmallTouchdown
    DefaultMaps=DB-SmallCube
    DefaultMaps=DB-November
    DefaultMaps=DB-IceDemon
    DefaultMaps=DB-Hole
    DefaultMaps=DB-GreenBaize
    DefaultMaps=DB-Echo
    DefaultMaps=DB-Curve
    DefaultMaps=DB-Cube
    DefaultMaps=DB-Chill
    DefaultMaps=DB-Bowl
    DefaultMaps=DB-Blocko

Your posts on various forums have been very useful thus far Imaginos - i used them to get this far. Perhaps just changing the command line will be enough to fix it?

On a side note - since using ut2vote - stats log files in stock gametypes are no longer being generated - but we can worry about that later!!

Even if we dont get any further - whats important is that i can now introduce my NW UT clan to the joys of deathball via the webadmin.

:D

8. weem

weem New Member

Ive asked for my command line to be changed to:

./ucc-bin server DM-Antalus?Mutator=UT2Vote47.UT2VoteX?GameStats=True ini=UT2004.ini -nohomedir multihome=83.142.52.14

We'll see what happens!!

9. Imaginos

Ok. First.. let me apologize.. we ended up being out longer than I expected. Her homecoming is tomorrow.. she told me about it last night! To make matters worse, she didn't have an attack plan as to where to go and what to get. I hope i can pull all this off.

On the positive side though.. I think I see the last hurdle. In the Deathball Gametype= line. You have UT2Vote configured to use the Deathball default maplist set. If you set UseMapList=False, that should put you in business. As an alternate, you can use the webadmin to add maps to the default maplist.. Your choice.

I think that the above, along with the commandline change will have you running full tilt.

10. weem

weem New Member

Hmm i just got the message that this new command line isnt working:

It quits with the error: There may be a problem with the installation

I bet theyve just done a typo or something - Grrrrrrr!!

11. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

you're missing the gameclass afaik

12. weem

weem New Member

Ive asked them to change it to this:

./ucc-bin server DM-Antalus?Game=XGame.xDeathMatch?Mutator=UT2Vote47.UT2VoteX?GameStats=True ini=UT2004.ini -nohomedir multihome=83.142.52.14

13. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

porsonally i add the -port parameter if i use multihome and put -nohomedir always at the end, but it should work now ;)

14. Imaginos

Subscribed to this post so I get emails to let me know about replies.. Unfortunately, all I could do this morning was post on the deathball forum.

How did things go after they made the second change?

15. weem

weem New Member

Well after some pain - eventually they put the correct command line in.....

...and it all works great!!

Looks like you've gained a few converts to the UT2Vote/Deathball cause!!

Big thanks to all who helped out. :D