DeatHBall 1.7 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Do bots know how to play this game for real now ?
Or is it still on the 'to do'-list ?

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
A_Rimmerlister said:
Do bots know how to play this game for real now ?
Or is it still on the 'to do'-list ?
I think bots are better, but far away from being a challenge.
DavidM has a leetish attitude where the on-line game is the only one important. Too bad.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
*damn* this game had so much potential for good bot-tactics ... :(

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
TossMonkey said:
Does anyone still care about DB?

DavidM, this is a plea, please for the love of god stop beating the dead horse and get on with some killer deathmatch maps, Team Vortex is being wasted on this dead mod.
He's busy ruining the gameplay. :lol:
Maybe after version 2343.5c.

Creole Ned

Quirky guy
Apr 13, 2000
www.quirkybastards.com
TossMonkey said:
Does anyone still care about DB?

DavidM, this is a plea, please for the love of god stop beating the dead horse and get on with some killer deathmatch maps, Team Vortex is being wasted on this dead mod.
If Deathball is a "dead mod" then every other mod for UT2003 is beyond dead because it has more players online than other any user mod. Just saying, is all. :)

I enjoy playing it with my clan but the bot support is pretty spotty and that's too bad, really. It would certainly boost its overall popularity if it was viable offline. UT2003 has plenty of good DM maps and mappers. I don't think we really need DavidM contributing to an already over-represented gametype. Now if he wanted to make a Double Dom map or two... :D

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I'd like to correct my colleage Creole Ned where he says "[Deathball] has more players online than 'other' any user mod".

Deathball is the only mod with players online. :)

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
A_Rimmerlister said:
*damn* this game had so much potential for good bot-tactics ... :(

Bot support is planned, but it's a lot harder than other stuff.... and why wasting so much time with making bots better when we can improve the whole DB?

But bots will come back :)

(DeathBall actually is intended to be a multiplayer/online game with our league and stuff, but we know as well that some dont play online often and we will care about them)

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
I'm glad to see someone agrees with me. Meh, let those who enjoy it, enjoy it. No sense in clubing DavidM with your opinion. As long as there are people on those servers there is no need for him to give a rats ass. Knowing David, he probably doesn't give a rats ass.

With that said, I'd like to take this to time thank DavidM for bring a remotely entertianing mod to the community. :)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Scumgrief said:
Is DeathBall an add-on to UT2003? Example, when I install DeathBall, will it show up in my UT2003 server browser as a Tab? (ex: CTF, DM, DB?)

Or, is it a totally separate game I run independently of UT2003?

Deathball is a mod, not a total conversion. Without any TCs out yet to give as an example, a TC would most likely be something you activate seperate of UT2003 but that you need the engine to run. A mod just overlays the stuff in UT2003, thus not needing a seperate .exe to run. In UT2003, mods show up as a "Custom" tab in the SB.

Last edited:

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
Bazzi said:
Bot support is planned, but it's a lot harder than other stuff.... and why wasting so much time with making bots better when we can improve the whole DB?
Why avoid something just because it's difficult ?
It's a challenge that will only make the mod better, something which can't be said of all the rules & fluff that has been/will be added.

But bots will come back :)
They'd better be ... or I'll send my own personal T800 to terminate your existance ;)

(DeathBall actually is intended to be a multiplayer/online game with our league and stuff, but we know as well that some dont play online often and we will care about them)
if you really cared you'd have decent bot-support by now ... :p