1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Death.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thrash123, Jan 29, 2009.

1. sid

sid I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Sorry for your loss Thrash.

2. Peccavi

Peccavi New Member

Dude, my utter most condolences.

I lost my father less than a year ago. It does get easier. The feeling of missing that person doesn't fade, but in your life you gain more and more experience that it tends to lose focus on what hurts.

I moved into my apartment today (kinda). And my Mum, pulled me aside and said that my Father would be proud of me and what I was doing with my life atm.

Don't stop moving. Keep going, and remember the better parts of your friend/loved one/relative. Incorporate those parts into who you are, and it makes life and grieving better. Kinda worked for me.

3. Kazimira

Kazimira Necris Fan

I'm actualy just back from the funeral of one of my friends. The poor guy was very desabled unable to talk or move much and not enough to actualy communicate. This didnt stop him being a great friend to everyone and we knew he had some inteligance and a wicked sence of humor. Only a few tears at the end of the service as one of his friends said the closeing prayer. That was more for them then anything else as thay see things as if thay will be away from him for a wile and its hard to see them wate like that. I on the other hand know that now what ever has happend to him and what ever is after this life that he's now free of the body that didnt work.

4. Iron Archer

Iron Archer Holy ****ing King of Trolls

I dunno, I think one of the hardest parts of having a friend die is not having the opportunity to have gotten to know them better.

5. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

You focus on everything good about the person and if its someone who died at a young age, you atleast know they lived really well and what they did in this life wasnt a waste. Don't focus on what could have been.

I lost a few friends around my age, and thats how I dealt with it. Its not easy to do, but it helps a lot.