Dear BuF, I have a problem.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I did pretty badly. Do you think I should retry it again to see if I can reach normal levels?

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
While it may be futile to bring the thread on track I will try anyways. What results do you get from this test?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/07/technology/20100607-task-switching-demo.html

I got a rating of:
attachment.php
5UXHK.gif

In seriousness, in the focusing test, I did much better than the high/low multitaskers, but the task juggling test I fared far worse. My hand refused to quickly click on what I wanted it to. :mad:

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
That doesn't mean that it's a surefire sign that you are ADHD. Maybe you just aren't very good at task switching. Maybe your brain isn't firing on all cylinders. Not getting enough sleep or exercise can adversely affect your performance. Some also think synthetic foods and preservatives can cause trouble.

I've noticed that gamer oriented people tend to be at the extremes on this test. I think this is because they are either the technology minded task switchers the article talks about, or they do poorly because of their lifestyle. Staying up all night as buffers are apt to do can be the difference between the scores you are posting and the average.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
They should map the keys 'C' and 'V' to consonant and vowel and left and right to odd and even. Any slowness on my part was due to confusion on which key to press. :p

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
They should map the keys 'C' and 'V' to consonant and vowel and left and right to odd and even. Any slowness on my part was due to confusion on which key to press. :p

That would make it too easy for a single task for a single button. I think the point is assigning a button to do two tasks.

My solution would remove mouse clicking. Perhaps making the left arrow be Odd/Vowel and the right arrow be Even/Consonant. That way you only have to move your fingers, and not your whole entire wrist.

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
I can't pay jack shit attention to anything anyone says.

It gets worse every day. After the first two minutes of conversation all I hear is vowels and consonants, which then turns into yadie yadie yadie yadie. Is this an issue?

Clearly I have a problem.

I think the problem you have is called....

BEING MALE! :D

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
When only faced with boobs? Most men I know are unable to multitask anything....(well apart from wanking and adjusting the monitor at the same time) :D

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
[suspense]
What makes you think I'm real ?
[/suspense]

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
That was just a loop playback of a Keanu Reeves movie like I do on chat roulette. I'm actually unreal.

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
:) Oh it exists my friend!
I chat to my mom on the phone, whilst cooking the dinner and then I reply to a text or post something on facebook whilst sorting out my son and tidying as I go along. Or I can be driving along singing away whilst checking my makeup in the mirror and making sure the d*ckhead driving behind me aint too close :)