1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DE Update

Discussion in 'Games' started by hal, Oct 27, 2001.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Is it just me, or is Pancho saying that there will be an UnrealEditor included? Sweet!

2. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

I'm even more excited about the defensive gun. I've always wanted to see a "real" shield in an FPS game, i.e. a shield that doesn't protect you permanently in all directions, but a shield that you have to activate and that covers only one direction, but when used right, gives you 100% protection. Kinda like the shields that swordfighters used in middle ages. Halo seems to have real shields. I'm looking forward to see how well they are implemented.

Certainly the statement that UC will come with UnrealEd is great news too. A console game that has the ability to add user-made content? Nice! It becomes more and more clear that the Xbox is simply a PC. ;)

3. Machismo

Machismo Up The Irons

boy oh boy I cant WAIT ......... :D

4. quitgrin1

quitgrin1 Demon Like

I just hope Pancho or some other designer guy start wrting a column about Unreal-Engine map design later on.. that would help us a lot, it would be very good to hear wise thoughts from professionals.

GriNGo