1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DDR players, show yourselves!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Daedalus, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

I think I remember like...one other person on this forum who played DDR (sparky) oh and a lot of people who like DDR but dont play it often. Anyways, for those who do, what's your best song? And have you made any of your own DDR songs for Stepmania or DWI or anything else similar?

my best song is Sakura on maniac, my first 10 step.
    I've done the follow songs for Stepmania:
    History of Trip Machine
    Holic ~Triple Mix~
    Winterborn ~Club Mix~

2. Warm Pudgy

Warm Pudgy i wanna be a nazi mod like swarthy

ive always liked the fast paced ones like sandstorm

3. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

**** DDR. There is the arcade game in Japan, that is also out on the PS2 over there, that rocked my world. It's plays kind of like PaRappa, but instead you are beating this drum. I totally forget the name of the game, but the drums are these ceremonial drums used in Japanese culture. I so would have bought a PS2 over there with game and drum peripheral, but the drums for the PS2 felt cheap and didn't deliver like the arcade game did. Hopefully it will come out here, but with better drums.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

4. Gir

Gir Offensive mode!

I'm sure you did. :)

5. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

Drumfreaks? or maybe Beatmania?

6. Sparky

Sparky Retired Administrator

So Deep, on heavy. It's either that, or Break Down.

7. Rinny Heartilly

Rinny Heartilly Ice Dragon

Butterfly, DDR3, Step-Step, Maniac.

8. FaT CaM

FaT CaM Not much...

Witch Doctor from DDR MAX on Heavy. So ridiculous.

9. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

Sparky: I love Break Down, or pretty much anything done by BeForU, except for maybe Graduation.

10. D66

D66 Grey Pilgrim

As a gamer, I find it my duty to avoid physical exertion....

Ok thats a load of bull. My real excuse is that i have no rythem at all and have done HORRIBLY at that everey time I tried it.

That said, I work a second job at a LAN Gaming center, and seeing the physical shape of the "regulars" I would love to see the DDR Craze take full controll of the gaming comunity and get these kids some good areobic exersize.

It beats cursing at the AWPer who is camping in the same spot, one the same map, every night.

11. Dying_corpse

Dying_corpse New Member

i play the drum or guitar version

12. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) New Member

Hehe, there is a Donkey Kong themed Conga game coming out or already out :p

As for regular DDR, not sure what my best songs are, but I love V and Kakumei on heavy, and even found sheet music for both songs ;) I also love So Deep on heavy. I think the craziest one I passed so far was Drop Out on heavy a while back-- but I >barely< passed it, hehe.

For stepmania... I made a song, but haven't done the steps yet. Max Tun Tun. It's suprising how well the soothing chants of Daler Mehndi fit to the beat of Max 300 :D For my favorite StepMania songs, I love BemaniRuler's "V" (longer and crazier than the arcade version), the Long version of Sandstorm, and stuff similar (fast! :p).

I have some crazy DDR players at my arcade since it's the biggest one in my state for DDR. This 1 kid is probably nearly best in New England, I think he's been to tournaments and stuff. If anyone is familiar with the above song I mentioned, BemaniRuler's "V", that kid was able to pass that song-- on his feet. :eek:

13. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

ah yeah the BemaniRuler's V song. I havent played it myself, but I've found their steps more fun than a lot of the official steps.

14. victorch98

victorch98 New Member

I like all the fast paced songs. My favorite has to be Dynamite Rave and End of the century, in of course the hardest so I can move my feet really fast. I really like to go to the arcades to play, but some people just kick my butt really bad there in the Mott St. arcade in NYC chinatown.

15. DeeperShade

DeeperShade Banned

Dam Dariam on Maniac

16. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

It's called Dancing Stage Megamix over here and none of the songs you mentioned are on it. But, I do play Dancing Stage and love it to bits. I could kick most peoples butts on it too.

17. DeeperShade

DeeperShade Banned

TM> there are lots of versions of DDR.
    Megamix is only one of them (5th mix is much better :))

18. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

5th mix was awesome but 8th blasts everything out of the water now.

19. EmptySpace

EmptySpace New Member

My friend recently got me to play... but there's no way in hell I'll play in public at my current level. I play DDRMAX at my house with a crappy dance pad I bought off of him for 20 bucks, but something is better than nothing, I suppose.

Heh... I used to think the game looked pretty retarded, too. :eek: