Darn me lightning!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Who can tell me what to do, cuz this isn't working! Lemme explain

THe lightning as it is: set with a stochastic trigger that activates a dispatcher. the dispatcher moves a lightning textured mover into the skybox and activates 6 trigger lights which are set on "flicker" (there is one trigger light that lights up the clouds, and 5 in individual windows that look up to the skybox) then last the dispatcher activates a special event (set to play soundeffect)which broadcasts the thunder. I've looked at it over and over and I can't figure out why the whole thing doesn't work, it's driving me nutz

WEll that's it :B

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
actually, i have totaly no idea what a stohatic trigger is, if someone could explain the meanwhile that would be nice :D

why dont you jsut trigger the dispatcher with a normal trigger or with a timedtrigger that actiavtes itself when the map starts

and did you set initial off true by those lights ? and under object triggerturnson ? those kinda things

and you prolly dont hear the soundeffect if you have only 1 special event, if you want a real loud and big sound like thunder you need lots of them all over the place

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
okay will do.

btw, the stochastic trigger, is a random thing, like it has similar properties as a dynamic ambient sound, it just has a random timer, to activate the sequence.

dead clown

self-righteous ****0r
Nov 5, 2001
ireland
Visit site
personally i'd ditch the whole lighting thing if i were you. it doesn't add enough to the map to warrant all this hassle, and dynamic lighting over that large an area will make frame rates suffer no matter what. sorry, i know i'm not helping.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*good scream

IT WORKS AND IT'S THE FUCKING COOLEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF FUCKING MANKIND !!!! :D:D:D:D

Oh, and Hourences, if u do PlayersPlaySoundEffect, you don't have to put numerous special events all over the map.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
thx for the tut Astaynax, you wanna know what i did wrong? hehe, it's stupid, but I had the tags on the triggered lights matching the dispatcher as opposed to the Events. And then the stochastic trigger, was not set on InitiallyOn. Those two things fixed it, and chrysaor is very happy :D

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Originally posted by Chrysaor
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*good scream

IT WORKS AND IT'S THE FUCKING COOLEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF FUCKING MANKIND !!!! :D:D:D:D

Oh, and Hourences, if u do PlayersPlaySoundEffect, you don't have to put numerous special events all over the map.

instead the layer plays the sound wich is rather ghey if you have 3d sound setup and stuff cause the sound doesnt comes out of a direction anymore