1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Void Trailer

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Sir_Brizz, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Those of you who, like me, are dying to play the upcoming Dark Void game will love to know that there is a new, brief trailer out exploring the antagonists of the game, The Watchers. Seriously, who wouldn't want a futuristic, Rocketeer style game?

2. Forgetful

Forgetful Here is party?

Looks like it should be a pretty intense experience :)

3. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'd love it if someone could explain to me what this trailer actually shows. Seems like a bunch of random scenes thrown together.

4. Hedge-o-Matic

Hedge-o-Matic New Member

5. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

It's a spotlight of The Watchers.

6. Hedge-o-Matic

Hedge-o-Matic New Member

But not having followed the Dark Void development cycle at all, this is my first real exposure to it. And, after watching the trailer, I was sort of scratching my head. If you hadn't said it highlighted the Watchers, (whatever they are), I wouldn't have even known that much.

Trailers are still cinemagraphic work, so they should give some impression of a story, or something. This really looked like someone spliced together completely unrelated clips. In the first seconds, I thought it looked great, but after just thirty seconds, I was turned off by it.

I won't hold that against the game itself, but this trailer is pretty bad. That's all I'm saying. Borderlands, in contrast, seems to know what machinema is all about.

7. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Anime robot fighting game?

8. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The saddest part is that I wouldn't be able to tell you which of the creatures shown are actually these Watchers. I'm going to go ahead and assume it's the robots, seems fitting, but for a trailer this was really poorly done.

9. DarkEmperor

DarkEmperor Buried By The Dead

too much console look

10. Mclogenog

Mclogenog I put the lol in philology

There's a new trailer showing off the combat, but it's as eclectic as this trailer. One second the player is tackling a robot, the next second the player is tossing a grenade toward a squad of enemies.

The game still seems interesting though, so I might rent it, even if the trailers are awful thus far.