1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Sector... 20 Days After Today??

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Sir_Brizz, May 12, 2006.

1. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

1up is running a story on the Dark Sector showing at E3 this year. Apparently, some pretty stark changes have been made...
    As well, it appears that the game has been turned into more of an over-the-shoulder Gears of War action style of game as opposed to the stealth Splinter Cell-esque style that has been showed previously. There are no videos or screenshots to set your mind at ease over this, but that's the scoop.

You can read the rest of the article here.

2. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

That's a very short game imo.

3. Shrimp

Shrimp Seafood splatter

Wow, that sounds pretty lame :(.

The 'original' Dark Sector looked really awesome.

4. Zen[n00b]

Zen[n00b] half empty

Dissapointing? Contra was about two supersoldiers blowing up a gigantic alien heart and still it was so incredibly awesome, that no words in any language known to man could describe the infinity of its awesomness. This sounds like X-Files FPS, that's about as cool as a game can possibly be. XD ...and the fact that the game begins on Earth in 2006 doesn't necessarily mean that we won't get a chance to blow up stuff using gravitational singularity generators after being abducted by aliens to their mothership and getting implanted with nanites which will change the structure of our nervous system so that we'll be able to li... wait... i'll better stop here.

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  5. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

wtf are they thinking, that dark sector trailer from last year looked so promising!

6. {RA}SKYFURNACE

{RA}SKYFURNACE Game Mapper & Press

so do we know which studio dev'd this?

somehow i find this funny.... is it me... or does something just seem wrong at DE?

7. Go&nd

Go&nd Meow

This isn't the first drastic change in the design. Anyone remember when Dark Sector was supposed to be a massively-multiplayer first-person shooter that took place on huge space stations and let you pilot spaceships around the outside of the stations?

Clicky
    Clicky 2

As impressive as last year's trailer may have been, I still liked the original concept best. Each redesign looks less & less interesting to me. Now it sounds like a cross between Gears of War and Half Life 2.

But we shouldn't be too critical. We really have no idea how this will end.

8. LP

LP *wants to be your friend*

pfff, i thoght DE woulda been able to pull it off. mabye theyre trying to escape the Doom-esque look of most games these day (shiny metal and 90% darkness)