1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daily debate - 11-5-01

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by BangOut, Nov 5, 2001.

1. BangOut

BangOut ...smells like groin.

Tetsuo was not the bad guy in Akira. Discuss, bitches.

2. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

heh, did polycoun already review him?

well, tetsuo was a little child who didnt got the attention he craved for. he went insane when he got his superpowers and he mutated which took him the chance to rule the world. well i dont really know. they never released the movie in germany(not really). and buying the whole mangas would be a bit too expensive for me at the times i read them. so i dont know the whole story : ( i dled the mpg but its not complete.. does anyone have it?

3. Balton

oh,

can we say that akira was bad? i dont think so. i always thought that akira cant think jsut react and someway have these powers....

4. Frostblood

Frostblood Strangely compelling...

Ive never actually seen it.../me is embarresed

5. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker Guest

'eh

not seen Akira??
    you should be ashamed!!! :p

6. BangOut

wow this thread died in a hurry

7. Ulukai

Ulukai New Member

Perhaps you should have asked "Is Tetsuo a tragic hero?" to make it more inturlektual ;)

8. Balton

that one is more easy. he is a tragic hero. i dont know if he dies in the end but it seems so from what i've read and seen in the half snipped movie...

9. BangOut

Ah, but it's not "death." Where's Joseph Campbell when I need him? It's more like the hero's ascension a la Jesus Christ or Obi Wan Kenobi.

10. Balton

who the **** is joseph campbell?
    annd obi wan was jsut trying to be one mother****er. I think he was a stupid ass to die!
    maybe jesus fits more to tetsuo. even if jesus had a spleen. hmm tetsuo even had a spleen bu i think that was 'cos he took drugs. we know he took them only because he had a bad headache : )