D3D Critical Error "Failed blt" or something.......

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bdelmer

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
Bought UT loved it, ran fine for weeks. All of the sudden (shortly, but not not right after, installing 428!) I get crashing to desktop, with a message "Failed blt DD_OK" and a whole lot of other history log, which ends with "main loop". ("blt" might not be completely correct, but it's something like that) I'll check again when it crashes again.

Why is is crashing now? It's a D3D problem, that's clear. Open GL will work, but it runs poor and some of the video is corrupted. And D3D ran fine for weeks!

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Tried Nvidia 5.22 and 6.18, both still crash. Tried 400, 420, 428, same thing. Tried various tweaks and suggestions, same thing! Help! Why would it work fine and then start crashing...I thought it might be the Det3 6.18's but those ran fine for a while and the 5.22's don't fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

PIII 600EB
ASUS P3V4X MOBO
256 PC133 Ram
ASUS V6800 DDR GeForce (5.22/6.18 drivers)
Windows 98SE
VIA AGP4X and 4in1 drivers.

DIGITRON

a few digits shy
May 3, 2000
IOWA
Visit site
not sure

ever since i loaded det3-6.18 ive been locking up, crashing, and having trouble exiting windows, i get a driver memory error sometimes when windows starts and explorer is always giving me fatal errors. i dont know if its the detonator driver, ver 428 or windows.
im completely lost.
someone please help!

p.s. does anyone know where to get the detonator2 v5.22 driver?

bdelmer

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
Digitron

I fixed my problem (so far) by taking out one of my two sticks of PC-133 ram. I had two 128MB sticks, and someone said it might be a memory leak. I took out one stick, and now it runs fine (though I only have 128MB of ram....)

I've tried the 5.22's, didn't work for me. But you can get them and all the old drivers at:

http://www.reactorcritical.com

They've got all of them. Just look under downloads, Nvidia.

"There's nothing wrong with a little defense, as long as you're offensive about it!"