1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Customizing the single player campaign: possible?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Reinhart, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Reinhart

Reinhart New Member

Hi, I'm fairly new to UT2004, having bought the Unreal Anthology just a week ago, and having experienced only UT99 before.

I rather liked the UT2004 single player campaign, with its credit system and team building, and I find it more interesting than random bot matches (and I'm not going online yet, as I'm not very good as for now).

My question is: is there a mod that allows to fully customize it? Or is it possible with some other editing? What I'd like to do is to build a single player mode that comprises custom maps of my choice and game modes not featured in the standard SP, such as Invasion and Onslaught.

2. Takeshi666

Takeshi666 New Member

I for one just would like to be able to hire anyone in my team, not just humans.

3. UndeadRoadkill

UndeadRoadkill New Member

I don't think such a thing exists right now, but it could be made.

I am actually in the process of setting up a mod-structure full of my own choice of custom maps, models and mutators. It will be run by mapmixer, and I've set up map lists and bot teams, so it will randomly select a map (of any gamemode, stock or mod included), then pick a random team for me to play against. I have RPG running all the time, so it gives a sense of a long ladder or career, you get stronger as you play day to day.

It's not exactly what you describe, but it goes to show the kind of thing you can put together with existing mods and without any coding. If you ask around, a modder might be willing to work on your idea, but in the meantime, I suggest you check out mapmixer if you want your botmatches to be a little more interesting, but still have more freedom than the SP ladder: http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/

4. Reinhart

Reinhart New Member

Very interesting, thanks! This mod is probably as close as I'll get to customizing the single player mode, and looks very well made. I'll check out the RPG mod too.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  5. MrFish

MrFish The Crispy One

There was a really large mod called "Soul's Fury" that modified the single player campaign a lot. I'm pretty sure it changed the levels,mutators, and skins. The only problem was that it was a HUGE file (over 1 GB, I think), and I'm pretty sure that the big file is no longer available at the site. If you could get your hands on the source, im sure you could find out how to modify stuff.

6. Cowlike

Cowlike New Member

I've been able to run the sp with ut2k4rpg once but I don't have the files anymore

7. Cowlike

Cowlike New Member

Well I remade it anyways if someone wants it, attached to this post

Attached Files:

8. menelik_seth

menelik_seth a.k.a 'Youngblood'

I like that idea! :D My DSL connection sucks, so I'm basically stuck playing against bots (which I don't mind, it's still tons of fun). I'll download both mutators right away :D

Link for the UTRPG mutator: UT2k4RPG from here (that's the one, right?)

I'll definitely give this a spin when I'm done with SP :) Thanks for the suggestions.