Custom Skybox textures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
I'm using Diehard's high end S3TC textures. His are true to the original in appearance, simply improving the way they look. Judging from the picture in your post, your textures look very different, though they look nice. I'm not sure whether I should use your textures, or what. Just saying. Diehard's textures found here:

http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal...es/HighEnd/MasterFiles/MasterFilesHighEnd.htm

Freddie

Reactions: MakeMeUnreal

MakeMeUnreal

Oct 6, 2012
Hungary
The fille I uploaded contains only one package with 4 textures.
Those 4 textures are modified ShaneDay textures.
I made volcanoes out of the stock mountains. That's all.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
No you didn't. You spread low-res tomato sauce all over those textures...

MakeMeUnreal

Oct 6, 2012
Hungary
Yea that pretty much covers the procedure.
It's pretty ugly since:
-I used the original 128x256 ShaneDay texture.
-The tomato sauce is actually the Lava texture from NalICast. (256x256)
-The SkyBox is a bit awkward thus the mountains are very close.
-The lightin' in the skybox is awful.
-The textures got somewhow distorted after convertin' in Infraview. (This is the step which degraded the quality the most.)

I wish I could show you the .psd file. But I can't since I thought this will be enough for me.