Custom Music cutting out early.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

McG

Dungeon Keeper / Deadly Sinner
Nov 17, 2005
Okay, I took a .wave file and converted it to .it properly, following instructions from a tutorial. Now, when I listen to the file in modtracker, or modtrack, whatever it's called, it plays the full song, like it should. but then I import it into unreal ed and then it goes about a quarter way through and then loops.

Any idea what's wrong?

SolaceEternal

SPANK THAT TUNA
Apr 29, 2004
McG said:
Okay, I took a .wave file and converted it to .it properly, following instructions from a tutorial. Now, when I listen to the file in modtracker, or modtrack, whatever it's called, it plays the full song, like it should. but then I import it into unreal ed and then it goes about a quarter way through and then loops.

Any idea what's wrong?

Modplug? :3

Can I see the link to that tutorial? You can't really "convert" .wav to .it; you can embed it IN the .it, though.

I'm thinking you didn't make enough patterns, personally.

McG

Dungeon Keeper / Deadly Sinner
Nov 17, 2005
Oh, put it in, convert, meh, same difference. Anywho, in the tutorial it said to change the pattern to 256 so I did... and that's as high as it goes.

Link: http://www.planetdeusex.com/heliowalton/Tutorial-Mp3-to-Umx.htm

I followed it exactly.. exactly meaning I used a different program to convert it from .wmv to .wav without the sound recorder or anything like that... and plus, it plays fine in modplug and modtracker...

SolaceEternal

SPANK THAT TUNA
Apr 29, 2004
"put it in" and "convert" are two entirely different things. (I'm a logic bastard.) :p That, and last time I checked, Modplug allows up to 1024 lines per pattern. (I heavily use modplug.)

What the tutorial boils down to, is converting an mp3 to a wave (bad idea... loss of sound quality, although it might not matter so much for UT, where the music is more ambient) and putting said wave into the UMX tracker format.

If you'd like, I could take a look at the file, and see what I can do to help. :3