Custom models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GuinnessMan

Oct 16, 2004
champion of blake said:
is there a tutoral for dummys or some thing

pretty general question there . . .

when i started i knew nothing of the two best unreal developement sites their are . . . and the book that all unreal editor newbies should get so they don't have to ask questions over and over again, no offense man :), i was their once too.

anyway, the two sites are www.3dbuzz.com look up the vtm's, they are worth the dl time . . . and hd space . . . and the other site is www.unrealwiki.com, basically anything you want to find thats not covered in 3d buzz can be found at wiki. As for the book, ehem, Mastering Unreal Technology . . . for a weathered mapper it still could help a great deal, worth the 30 bucks big time if you really want to map, it has a cd companion, typically i find these worthless but its quite exceptional in Mastering Unreal, definitely worth the time, if i had this book when i started i would be a much more organized and therefor much better mapper now :).

Slyrr77

Apr 25, 2004
The custom character link is dead. Did it move? If so where? I'd like to see if I can do a UT3 remake of the Deinonychus model....

cmberryau

Aug 30, 2008
I'm looking for a decent tutorial on weapon importing, I have my model done fine.. I just need tutorials for importing using ActorX.. anything would be great as I'm fairly stuck right now :)

cmberryau

Aug 30, 2008
Well, I ended up getting it to work, but in Maya, so if you're doing it in Maya I can post up all the details if you'd like.

cmberryau

Aug 30, 2008
Hey sorry; I've been uber busy with Uni etc.. If you want to get some help still with custom models I can help over MSN if you'd like, and run you through the process.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, this is how I went about it.

First off, get the UT2004 skeleton builder, which I have attached, skin your model to it, remember that UT2004 only supports non-rigid skinning methods, so use smooth binding only.

Then, export using ActorX (remember to use Underscore to spaces)

And also, there is a funny issue with one of the bones in the skeleton structure, named Bone_weapon, you do need this to be an underscore, otherwise unreal does not read the skeleton correctly, I can't remember exactly how do to it, but you fix it in unrealED, not maya (from memory)

So yeah, if you need help over msn PM me or something with your address and I'll add you.

Then, finally I should repost here with a summary, to help others.

Attachments

• CRunrealSkelBuilder.rar
    9.9 KB · Views: 20

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What the fu*k? Who the hell are you tqzxzjhu? Stop trolling forums.

Congratulation here's your achievement:
dumpnx2.png

cmberryau

Aug 30, 2008
Hmm.. well I would say the process will be the same with UT3, perhaps with a few additions along the way; I would first look for a UT3 skeleton, if you cannot find one, I am sure that someone else on the forum would have one.

So yeah; first step is getting the UT3 skeleton.

Edit: You don't often see spam bots on forums, so yeh, kinda weird.

Last edited:

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Quote: Right, I probebly sound stupid asking this question, but how do you export the meshes made on Maya PLE to UT2004 editor?

UT2004 came with Maya PLE exporting software.

Open the UT2004 DVD and on disc 6 it's in there, Extras/MayaPLE/UT2004_plugin_Maya

courtney