Custom Crosshairs, Cheating?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is using/making custom crosshairs for u2xmp wrong?

• Yes -- i think it that it is bad/wrong/hacking/cheating

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No -- it isn't bad

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Many thanks for releasing your crosshairs Furocious. Can anyone tell me how to make them, or just give me a rocket launcher crosshair? My one's buggered and doesnt have the little floaty markers that attach to players for homing missiles, its just a big red blob.
edit: no wait I'll try Fur's first might have the proper RL crosshair in its original working form :D

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
2K4 natively supports the options to change and edit your crosshairs. FFS you can do it inside the game settings panel. This is not cheating, give it up.. no you're not cool for having them.. and yes 80% of the community does have edited HUD's and crosshairs and has had them since the friggin' beta. Why is this all of a sudden getting so much attention? Whoever created the Zilch HUD.. the one with the radar in the upper right corner instead in the lower center.. did it SOOOO long ago.

An example:

[Health]
Class=FixedSizeContainer
Component=Label
Text=Health : Shield
Location=5,0
Font=HUD_Fonts.Micro10
Align=HardLeft,HardTop
Location=0,0

"Wow, look. Location?! THIS IS MIND BLOWING! You mean, the location coordinates actually tells you where I can manually set my health display?! I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED! I can change the TEXT of the display too?! AND EVEN THE FONT?! Holy crap. My years of education has not prepared me for such blatantly obvious and easy .ui script editing! This is like.. like.. friggin Einstein on the eve of his special theory of relativity! I'm such a pioneer! I wonder how many cool points I'll receive.."

C'mon people. Even the early Quake games a DECADE ago supported changing crosshairs. Saying something is 'cheating' because it gives them an advantage over other players is BS. Pure and utter BS. Would you say 'the fact that I work or have school more than you, resulting in a reduced play time.. so you can hone your skills more than I can and therefore gain better knowledge and ability with the game than I can.. well, that's an advantage.. so.. playing more is CHEATING!' No? You wouldn't? That sounds ridiculous you say? Well, so does the 'EDITING ANYTHING' argument. By those standards, everyone should play with the default keyboard layout, correct? Yeah. Didn't think so.

Movement script-kiddies are a different story. Those things change the way you actually PLAY the game, INSIDE of the game.. and interact with the other players. It creates skill where you previously had none. Crosshairs and a customized HUD changes no interaction with other players.. just the interaction between your own eye, and your own screen. Crosshairs don't help your aim, HUD's don't help your gameplay. Skills do those things. Think of it like, eyesight. If you have poor eyesight, does wearing glasses make you a cheater? No. It helps your vision. So does changing the crosshair color, or texture.. or HUD. HUDs and crosshairs don't earn you kills for free, like aimbots do.. and HUDs and crosshairs don't make you faster and harder to hit like movement scripts do.

Come off it. This forum is full of pathetic whining babies with crap-stained diapers begging for mommy to powder their asses.

YOU'RE BETTER AT ME THAN XMP, SO I'LL CALL YOU A CHEATER SO MY ALREADY SHRUNKEN AND SHRIVELLED UP ePENIS DOESN'T FALL OFF ALL TOGETHER! WAH!

PS: Here, have fun for the next 1.5 weeks.. knock yourselves out.

Attachments

• MantUI.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
No. My gaming PC is teh dead until new RAM arrives. I had it uploaded to my FTP actually but deleted the shots about three days ago in a cleaning spree. I didn't even make it, I just took parts from other HUD's and such that I found snd combined them and edited it to suit my play style.

Status
Not open for further replies.