UE2 - UT2kX Custom Collision

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Hello,
I have a traim for walkways which is sometimes getting in the way of jumping. If a player jumps a bit too soon he is not jumping off the trim but off the ground and then, on some occasions, the player hits the trim which results in him not getting his double-jump.
I saved a brush as collision for the StaticMesh now that would solve the problem, but in-game the StaticMesh is still using itself as collision. Is there a way I can make the StaticMesh use only the collision I made with the brush, or do I have to place Blocking Volumes everywhere?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You could place that collision mesh into your map and hide it (Advanced->bHidden=True) Then, if your visible mesh's collision is still in the way, just turn it off and let the other mesh handle collisions.