1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 CTF-Transcendent-BETA4

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by MeanyMortal, May 15, 2009.

1. MeanyMortal

MeanyMortal They call me Berjj

I originally wanted this one finished for MSUC but I didn't quite make it. I still decided to upload what I had so far, so I guess this might be a good upportunity to get some feedback before I release the final version whenever I have time to.

The main idea with this map was to create a map with ut99 w00t-style design and mixing it with regular CTF gameplay.
    The map is very small and works best with 6 players.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.fileplanet.com/200131/200000/fileinfo/Unreal-Tournament-3---CTF-Transcendent-BETA4

To do list:

- Finalize bot pathing.
    - Finalize Sound.
    - Finalize kismet scripts.
    - Finalize mesh placement.

Attached Files:

2. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  3. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

After playing, I noted the two following issues with the bots:
    -They don't go for the armor, or the U-Damage. Now I understand the U-Damage may be difficult to path for, after all you have to drop a tele disc, jump and teleport yourself back on the platform. However, the armor seems straightforward enough yet they don't go for it.
    -The bots don't go upstairs in the center block, and neither on the sides with the vials, or inside the room with the armor.

And the following issue for the graphics:
    -Entering the armor room causes frame drops. It seems to be related to the smoke emitters, but there are so few it seems I don't understand. It's an nVidia 8800 GTS which has little to no problems when running stock maps.

4. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

I left you my feedback over on UP.

5. MeanyMortal

MeanyMortal They call me Berjj

Hehe, actually I put the Udamage there hoping people would go for it without xloc. It is possible, but really hard. ;)

I haven't spent much time on the bot paths yet. There are quite a few areas they currently get stuck on. I'm sure I've seen them go for both vials and armor though, what difficulty do you have your bots set to?

The smoke emitters might be killing the fps due to alpha sorting. It's strange though as that's the area in the map where the fps is the highest for me. Exactly how low is your fps in there compared to elsewhere? And what are your video options set to? (Detail mode, normal, high etc...) Do you suffer any fps drops in the flag bases as well?

Great feedback, thank's a lot! :)

Much appriciated. :)