UT2kX CTF-Retribution released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
Remember this map? http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=181910

After finishing up CTF-Vengeance, I slowly felt a growing need to revisit and continue working on the level as it was visually very bland and could use a few gameplay tweaks. After having waded through BSP hell for a long time I have finally conquered and finished the updated version. Seeing how much this version differed from the last one, both in the visual apartment and then some in the gameplay apartment, I decided to rename it and treat it as a completely new level. Check out the images and download links below!
I hope you enjoy it. =).

NOTE: Requires ECE Bonus Pack to run.
Those of you who lack the ECE pack can get the specific files used here: http://www.filefront.com/16486237/Retribution_ECE_files.rar

Major changes since CTF-Vengeance:

- Huge increase in amount of details, meshes and brushes.
- Vastly improved lighting.
- Added distance fog and fogring to skybox.
- Added another path to the lower section, removed the bottomless hole and switched around a few pickups.

Download mirrors:

Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/16360057/CTF-Retribution.zip
Strategy Informer: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/unrealtournament2004/map/35935.html

Attachments

• Retribution01.jpg
    Retribution01.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Retribution02.jpg
    Retribution02.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Retribution03.jpg
    Retribution03.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Hektor

Feb 20, 2009
NOTE: Requires ECE Bonus Pack to run.

[/URL]

maybe include the required files in your archive, so people dont have to install the complete ece bonuspack just to play/check your map...

Last edited:

Hektor

Feb 20, 2009
If you're running UT2004 without the bonus packs, then just uninstall it (UT2004 that is).:)

If you cant say something smart, just something stupid, rather dont say anything at all. Will be better for everyone.

1. i have ECE, but honestly i dont need it.

2. i tried to show the map for like 3-4 players i know. None of them have ECE, coz they dont need it too. They were cba to install and download ECE, just to check this map.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
For every person who still plays UT2004 but still hasn't installed the ECE pack (even if you don't use anything from it directly, it's not like you only need it for this map...) there is a person who is still on ISDN or has real internet (lol) but with a volume-cap and would hate to have to download the same ECE packages again and again for every map that uses them.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
It was relevant and both of you can crawl back under the rock you crawled out from.;)

Um, OK, it looks like someone did crawl back.;)

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Exactly so. You guys are playing online, so it is your goddamn DUTY to have any official files installed. Do not download them over and over, just burn them, for God's sake. By the way, official resources IMO can't be bundled with custom maps, so just shut it and download ECE or... figure out the end for this sentence yourselves. It is the author's creative decision to use any official bonus pack assets and it is their right to do so.

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
Let's be nice now. ;)

I updated the main post with a link to a separate file you can download to get only the files from the ECE used for this level. My original UT2004 disc was broken long ago so when I bought it anew I got the ECE version. Because of this I'm unable to double check if there are more files needed for the level to run properly, if it won't show up in the map list, try opening it in the editor and it will tell you which files are missing. I could upload another .zip with all these files afterwards.

Hektor

Feb 20, 2009
Let's be nice now. ;)

I updated the main post with a link to a separate file you can download to get only the files from the ECE used for this level. My original UT2004 disc was broken long ago so when I bought it anew I got the ECE version. Because of this I'm unable to double check if there are more files needed for the level to run properly, if it won't show up in the map list, try opening it in the editor and it will tell you which files are missing. I could upload another .zip with all these files afterwards.

at least somebody with some common sense. glad to see it.

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
@Jet: Cheers mate! :)

@Kyle: DO IT! Besides, it was a long time since we last had a 1on1, we should do it again sometime. :)

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Very much indeed! I played it, and it's a very fun map. Plenty of trick jumping op's, which is always a plus. I'm not a CTF God, but it felt like a nicely balanced map. Plus, I've always been a sucker for that theme. :D

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
much improved version!

Here's some of my comments about CTF-Vengeance:
"Medium CTF with traditional CTF feel with a lot of interesting features. Many paths to navigate and nice base flags and central area. I like the fact that the map has dark areas and light areas and both are done well. Kinda hard to CTF without a lot of teamwork, but that's what CTF is all about isn't it"

CTF-Retribution is definitely an improvement and I noticed the better lighting in most areas (just that I noticed it in most areas and I'm sure it is better in all areas) and the addition of features like vines, etc. I'd have to play both versions again to notice the pickup changes, but I'm glad the bottomless hole is gone. I did notice the bots seem tougher in this new version, but that could be just the luck of the draw with the bots given. However, Vrykolakas was on my team this time.;) Seems he is picked a lot in my UT2004 matches lately for some odd reason.

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Hi,

I got this map sitting on my HD since a while & I just played it. I completely forgot it. Damn, that map is a blast !!!

I love it !

Many THX for your awesome work :D